Family day out (Pt.2)

Request for dracomalfoy0294
.
TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
You were gently shaken away by Oliver and immediately felt a chilly breeze on your skin. Oliver noticed and placed his jacket around you. "We have to pack up darling, looks like it's going to rain". You nodded, kissed him and started to help him pack up. You felt something tug your pant leg and looked down. " Mama, can we have movie night wit popcown?" Cordelia asked, putting on her best pouty face and cutest puppy eyes. You chuckled knowing she was trying to convince you with that. "I don't see why not? Ollie darling, movie and popcorn?" "Wouldn't have it any other way" he said grinning.

You felt little droplets of water land on your cheeks and arms. "Let's get to the car before we get soaked." Ollie said handing you the blanket and picking Cory up. You dashed for the car and got in right before the rain started to pour.
"Impeccable timing" he said and winked at you. You smiled, laced your fingers through his and enjoyed the pitter patter of the rain on your ride home.

You arrived and since it was still pouring, you decided to leave the picnic blanket in the car and get it tomorrow. Oliver ran out and got the umbrella from the trunk of the car and held it over you as you got out. Cory however had other plans, the minute you opened the car door and unbuckled her seat belt, she climbed out and started running around in the rain, splashing in the puddles and trying to catch raindrops. You looked at Oliver and face palmed. "She got this from you doofus" you laughed and ruffled his hair. Then you took the umbrella and moved out of the way so the rain soaked him and laughed. "She's your responsibility now" you almost doubled over laughing.

He laughed, jogged over to where Cordelia was and picked her up in one swift movement. You saw him whisper something to her but didn't think much of it, thinking that it was just them being silly...until the umbrella got snatched out of your hand leaving you soaked in the rain. Before you could process what happened, you saw Oliver and Cory dashing into the house holding the umbrella with them, cackling as they ran. "I live with two toddlers" you thought as you raced into the house behind them to avoid standing in the rain for longer.

"Looks like shower time" you announced watching in amusement as your fully grown husband was 'losing' a wrestling match with a 4 year old. Upon hearing your announcement, Oliver picked Cory up and stood up right with a hand on his chest. "Right away ma'am, your wish is my command" he said in a serious tone and you all burst out laughing. Oliver took Cory to her bathroom and gave her a shower while you took one in yours.

Oliver joined you a little while later after he finished bathing Cory. "She's playing with her action figures in her room" "Quite a ball of energy that one" you laughed and leaned against him, enjoying his company as he rinsed the soap off your body. You both stayed under the shower for a bit longer, enjoying the warmth of the water washing away the cold from the rain earlier.

"We have a toddler across the hall, we need to get out of the shower" Oliver chuckled at your sleepiness after a while. You nodded but made no move. He chuckled again and picked you up bridal style and carried you out so he could dry and dress you. You both then went over to little Cordelia's too to find her playing with her little action figures. "Mama, can we watch movie now?" "Yes baby, let's come watch a movie" You picked her up and carried her on your back down to the living room. You then plopped her onto the couch and flopped down next to her.

Oliver set up the movie, brought a ton of blankets and pulled you into his chest with Cordelia still sitting on your lap. About a quarter way through the movie, you heard very soft snoring coming from a certain 4 year old toddler. "Looks like it's time for bed" you yawned. "You tuck Cory in, I'll prepare the beds" Ollie said gently and kissed your temple, then went to presumably tidy every thing up.

After tucking Cory in, you sleepily padded to your bedroom and was met with the sight of Oliver reading a book under the covers waiting for you. Looking up, he smiled, put down the book and opened the covers for you to climb in. "You ready for bed darling?" he asked as you laid your head on his chest. You yawned and nodded, pulling the covers up to your chin. He chuckled, turned of the night light and held you tight against him, scratching your back. "Night night Ollie" "Nighty night darling" "I love you to infinity..." "...and beyond" and with that, you were out like a light, nice and warm in your soulmate's arms.