You get cancer - James

Request for 💕💕
.
TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
You were sitting numb in your kitchen with silent tears rolling down your face. You had just gotten your test results back and the tumor you had gotten removed was cancerous, so now you had to start with intense chemotherapy to stop the spread as soon as possible.

You were glad that you'd caught it soon and you know you were lucky to be able to but at the same time, how else is someone supposed to react to receiving the news that they got cancer. You were empty inside yet relieved that you caught it before it spread further. So you didn't know what to feel.

You were also dreading giving the news to James, who was on his way back from dinner with some friends to celebrate the movies being finished filming. You didn't know how to tell him. You paced around waiting for him to arrive, chewing on your nails. After what felt like an eternity, you finally heard the door open and your heart lodged itself in your throat. You were frozen in your spot, unable to move your legs, your body would not cooperate.

"Darling? I'm home" he called out but you couldn't bring yourself to answer him. He raised an eyebrow when he walked in and saw you frozen in the middle of the living room and his face dropped when he saw the medical papers in your hand. "I'm guessing the results came back" he said and you nodded, your eyes tearing up again. "Oh baby" he sighed and brought you into his arms. "Everything is going to be okay, you're going to get through this okay?" he said and kissed your head, holding you tight against him.

Once you had calmed down, he wiped your tears and kissed your head. "I want to shave my head Jamie, right now, I don't want to wait until my hair starts to fall out." you mumbled. "You sure love? We can do it right now" he asked. "Yeah, I'm sure" you stated with more confidence so James steered you towards the bathroom and got out the razors and scissors.

He started by cutting off your locks as short as he could, whispering words of encouragement along the way and then shaved off the rest when it was short enough. Then much to your surprise, he brought the razor up and shaved off his brown locks with no hesitation. You gasped and teared up, looked at him with disbelief, you knew this man loved you but you didn't expect this.

Once he was done, you jumped up and gave him the biggest hug you've ever given him in your life. "You didn't have to" you whispered through the tears. "We're in this together, we're a team, and I'm going to be here with you every step of the way"
.
Sorry this was really short, I couldn't think of anything to write for this, I'm so sorry😭