Your child is sick - James

Request for 🥰🥰
.
TRIGGER WARNINGS: none
.
Little hands shook you awake at 1am in the morning, you rubbed your eyes and sat up to see your 4 year old Cordelia pouting with tears in her eyes. "What's wrong baby?" you asked concerned and wiped her tears. "Don't feel good" she whimpered and you lifted your hand to feel her forehead. She was burning up so you quickly woke James who was snoring beside you.

"What's wrong?" he asked rubbing the sleep out of his eyes when he saw Cordelia in your arms. "She's coming down with a fever, I'm going to run her a bath to cool her down, can you get the thermometer for me please?" "Sure thing my darling" he replied kissing your lips, then placing a kiss on Cory's forehead and went downstairs. You picked Cory up, went to the bathroom and ran the water. You made sure it was cool enough to lower her temperature but not too cold that she would get even more sick.

You waited for James to get back so you could take her temperature before putting her in the bath so you could monitor how bad it was. He came back with the thermometer and Cory made grabby hands, wanting to be picked up by her dad. James smiled and picked her up, passed the thermometer to you and kissed her. "Mommy is gonna take your temperature now okay? Mommy and I want to get you better" he cooed.

Cordelia nodded sleepily and allowed you to put the thermometer under her tongue. "It's 38 degrees, not that bad, we can get it down" you sighed in relief. James stripped her, set her down in the cool water and poured some of the cool water on her. Cory splashed around a bit, getting James wet. You chuckled and he splashed some water at you, making you squeal. "You'll pay for that Phelps" you laughed.

"Try me" he replied and picked Cory up to wrap her into a towel and passed her to you. You dried her off while James empties the tub. You took her temperature again and saw it was down to 37.8, it was still a bit high but it was manageable. Suddenly out of nowhere, little Cory emptied her stomach over your shoulder and started to cry. "I sowy" she cried and held onto you. "Shh, it's okay baby, it was an accident" you shushed.

James took her from you and bounced her up and down to soothe you. "Go shower my love, I'll soothe her" he smiled sympathetically and kissed you. "Thanks babe" you whispered and went to shower. James brushed Cory's teeth again and sat her on his lap. "It's okay Cory, we're not mad at you, so you still feel icky?" he cooed and wiped her tears. She nodded and sniffled, and clinged onto him. You exited the shower and smiled and the scene.

You quickly took your phone and snapped a picture then padded over to the bed. "How are you feeling baby?" you asked the toddler gently and rubbed her back. "I sweepy" she yawned and laid her head on James's head. You smiled and laid down on the bed, James put Cory next to you then laid down, putting his arms around the both of you. "Sleep well baby, I love you tons" "I love you too Jamie, you're the best"