Quidditch accident (Fred)

TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
It was your first quidditch match of the season and to say the least, you were quite nervous. You were up against Slytherin, who was notorious for having dirty tricks up their sleeves. You were the seeker of the Griffyndor team and you could definitely feel the pressure on you. You cheered on your teammates while scanning your eyes around the field for a golden snitch.

Suddenly you spotted it. A tiny golden ball hovering right above Malfoy's head. He didn't notice it of course, he was too busy yelling for his beaters to take out players with their bludgers, so you made a go for it. You zoomed your broomstick across the field, right across Malfoy's and chased the snitch. Draco was startled by you but soon recovered and noticed that you had the lead.

He yelled for his beaters to aim at you while he chased you the best he could. He was a good flyer, but you were an excellent one. You skillfully zoomed after the snitch, dodging the bludgers and the Slytherin players. You were so close to getting the snitch that you reached out your arm and tuned out everything else. Big mistake.

You failed to notice that the two beaters were aiming both their bludgers at you from both left and right. CRACK! You screamed out as one of the bludgers successfully smashed into your extended arm, causing it to break. You lost balance and lost grip of your broomstick and fell off, the end of it smacking your face in the process and you were sure it broke your nose. You felt a warm liquid drip from your nose to your chin and heard someone yell out your name, then everything went black.

"Oy, give her some space, stop crowding around her" "She looks real beat up" "Careful there, that's my girl you're talking about" "What else do you expect Ron? She fell from over 50 feet, care to try it?" You faintly heard them bickering but didn't have the strength to open your eyes. You tried to move your limbs and groaned because everything hurt real bad. "Guys, guys I think she's waking up".

You slowly opened your eyes to see 6 pairs staring back at you. You tried to sit up but a pair of arms pushed you down gently. "You need the rest love" you heard someone say, everything was fuzzy and you had a massive headache, it was harder to make out the voices. You held your head and winced. You felt someone pick you up and you were set on their lap.

"I've got you darling" "Freddie?" "Yup, that's me, unless you were expecting someone else" he chuckled. You smiled and leaned back against his chest. He wrapped his arms tighter around you, careful of your broken arm. "What happened?" you questioned cradling your arm. "Slytherin beaters hit both bludgers towards you at the same time..." "...and one of them smacked into ur arm breaking it." Fred and George filled you in, finishing each other's sentences as usual.

"I don't know how you got the bruised nose though" Ron asked studying your face. "The broom end smacked onto it when I lost grip and...wait, is it broken?" you questioned and lifting your good arm up to feel it. "No, it's just very badly bruised" Hermione assured, "Madame Pomfrey should come back with a bruise cream any moment now."

Just then, Madame Pomfrey came rushing to your side holding a small container of some purple cream. "Ah Ms. Y/L/N, you're awake, very well, Mr. Weasley, perhaps you can apply this to her nose to lessen the bruising, apply it 3 times a day" she instructed giving the jar to Fred. "Yes ma'am" he saluted her. She rolled her eyes but smiled fondly and walked away.

The bell then rang and Hermione, Ginny, Harry, George and Ron said their goodbyes and headed to their next lesson. You leaned back against Fred then realized, "shouldn't you be at your lessons too?" you questioned the red head twin. "Honestly you really still don't know my schedule? I have my free period, which means I can sit here and annoy you." You laughed and rest your head against Fred's chest.

"How are you feeling love?" he asked as he played with your hair. "I've been better" "Does it hurt alot?" "I don't know Fred, let's break your arm and find out" you chuckled. He smiled fondly and the two of you sat there in a comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company. "Those Slytherin rats are going to pay" Fred piped up after a while. "No one hurts my girl like that and gets away with it" "What kind of prank are you cooking up now" "Prank? How did you know I was going to prank the living daylights out of them?" "Fred, I've been dating you long enough to know that you solve everything with a prank" you laughed and poked his side. "Fair enough"

"What are we waiting for" you asked your ginger boyfriend. "Let's go get George and cook up our next prank, I'm sure he won't mind missing the lesson" "Man Y/N, I am so madly in love with you" "And I you Freddie"