You had a bad day (George)

TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
You were running through the empty corridor, desperately trying not to be later to transfiguration than you already are. You were already late to your 2 previous subjects and have gotten detention for both of them after school. You burst through the door and the whole class went silent, everyone staring at you.

You could see Malfoy snickering at you as you went to take your seat at the back of the class, next to George. He gave you a sympathetic smile and you returned a small one. "Ms. Y/L/N, maybe if I change you into a pocket watch then you'll be punctual next time and not disrupt my class" professor McGonagall said sternly as she looked at you, then carried on teaching. You felt tears brimming your eyes but you quickly blinked them away.

George reached for your hand and kissed it, careful not to let McGonagall see, then held it on his lap under the table to comfort you. You calmed down a bit at his touch and managed to sit through the lesson. Today can't get any worse you thought. Well...you were wrong.

The lesson ended and everyone poured out of the class and suddenly out of nowhere, you were completely drenched with ice cold water. Everyone froze except for Malfoy and his gang. They were howling with laughter as they walked past you, taunting you. George clenched his fists and started to walk towards them but you held his arm. He turned to look at your shivering body and his face softened.

"Shows over, move along, nothing to see here" you heard Fred say in the background as Ron, Hermione and Harry ushered the other students away and shielded you. George brought you into his chest as you broke down in tears, shaking from the cold, embarrassment and from crying. He gently rubbed your back, then took off his cloak and put it on you.

He and the others then led you back to the common room, with you clutching onto his arm and him rubbing your arms, trying to warm them up. You got back to the common room and Ginny rushed to your side asking a million questions when she saw your state. "M-mal...f-foy" you managed to get past your blue lips and she turned livid, but decided you were more important.

She and Hermione were gonna lead you upstairs but you grabbed onto George's hand. You looked at him with pleading eyes, silently saying you didn't wanna leave his side. He understood and brought you into a hug. "I'll be here when you get back down love, it's okay" "O-okay G-georgie" You followed Ginny and Hermione upstairs, holding onto them for support.

They removed your soaked through robes and sat you in the tub, then filled it up with warm water to warm you up. After a while, colour started to return to you hands and lips. "Thanks guys" "No need to thank us, now if you'll excuse me, we have a snobby blonde git to deal with" Hermione said and they stormed downstairs. You smiled a little and got out of the tub. You put on George's sweater that he gave to you and some sweatpants to keep warm.

You wrapped yourself in a blanket and made your way back down to the common room, desperately in need of George's cuddles. You found him sitting in front of the fire place and walked towards him. He turned around and smiled, got up, then walked towards you, giving you a huge bear hug. You giggled and hugged back. "Why is your sweater covered in flour?" you asked raising an eyebrow. "I made you something" he chuckled nervously.

He gently took your hand and led you to the sofa. There was a white box with a red bow tied around it. He put the box in your lap, sat on the floor opposite you. "You didn't have to Georgie" "I wanted to". You gently pulled the ribbon off and opened the box. Your heart melted and your eyes teared up at the sight. It was a cake George had made from scratch and he even decorated it.

There was a coat of white frosting, pretty uneven and there was some cake still visible, some small flowers on top, questionable shape and right in the center, the words "I love you" were written with black frosting. The visuals were questionable but it made your heart melt regardless.

"I know it doesn't look the best, but I know you love cake so I tried to cheer you up" George chuckles nervously and scratched his head. "Georgie, it's the effort that counts, I love it so much, I love you" you whispered and crawled onto his lap, hugging him as tight as you could. "I love you too Y/N". Just then, Ginny and Hermione entered the common room, accompanied by Fred, Ron and Harry.

"I don't think Malfoy is going to be bothering you anytime soon" Ron said with a huge grin on his face and they all burst out laughing, including George. You raised an eyebrow but chuckled with them anyway. "Thanks guys, for everything" "Yeah yeah when can we eat the cake" Ron stated with his eyes fixed on it.