Your child's first day at school (Oliver)

Request for 💞💞
.
TRIGGER WARNINGS: none
.
Your alarm woke you up at 6.30am and you grumbled, almost smashing the snooze button and throwing your phone across the room, but then you remembered it was Cordelia's first day of school. You were sending her to kindergarten so she could learn to be social at a young age (she's 3) so you got up and went over to her room.

You opened the door and kneeled in front of her, then gently shook her shoulder. "Cory darling, time for you to wake up, it's your first day of school" you said. She was thankfully an early bird and had no trouble waking up in the morning. You had no idea where she got that from, you and Oliver would sleep through a zombie apocalypse. She woke up, did a little stretch and then crawled into your arms. You smiled at her and took her into the bathroom to bathe her and get her dressed for her first day.

You then brought her into your room so you could shower and you saw Oliver had already gotten up. One less toddler to wake you thought and set her down in her play corner. You knocked on the bathroom door. "Come in love" Oliver said and you entered. You joined him in the shower, hugging him from behind. "Good morning princess" he whispered and kissed your forehead lovingly. "Morning Ollie" you replied yawning.

He chuckled and rinsed the both of you off, then wrapped you in a towel and dried himself off. Once the two of you were dressed, you came out to see Cory in the corner 'reading' her picture upside down. It was the cutest thing you've ever seen. Oliver picked her up and she giggled, kissing him on the nose. "Good morning my princess, how is papa's little girl doing" he cooed and she just smiled. You quickly reached for your phone and snapped a picture then the three of you made your way down stairs for breakfast.

It was 7 and Cory's school didn't start until 9 so you weren't that worried about time, it was only 15 minutes away. You got her some bananas and mashed it up with some strawberries. She tried to take the bowl from you but you knew she was going to make a mess so you held it out of her reach. "Mommys going to feed you, you can eat by yourself after school okay? That's our deal remember?" "Otay moma" she said quietly and ate.

Oliver finished his cereal and took over so you could eat, you weren't that hungry so you just made a sandwich and finished it while Ollie was putting Cory's shoes on. "All done" he said ruffling her hair. "Look mama, pwincess shoe" she exclaimed waddling around in them. You and Oliver smiled fondly at her, then you picked her up and brought her to the car.

Oliver strapped her into the booster seat in the back while you got in the front. He was the designated driver because...well you were simply too lazy to drive. You kept glancing at Cory on the way there to see if she had any signs of distress but surprisingly she didn't. But you should've known it was of course a false alarm.

As soon as you arrived and unbuckled your seat belt, the waterworks started. Cory began to sob her little heart out. You and Oliver quickly got out and came to her side. He picked her up, bouncing her up and down, trying to soothe her. "Hey, shhh, tell mommy why you're sad" you said gently stroking her hair. "Mo-mommy and da-daddy gonna l-leave m-me" she hiccuped and sobbed into Oliver's neck.

"But we're picking you up after school darling, and you'll make so many friends, you can play with your barbies and cars with them" Oliver cooed, "we promise we'll be back later" he said and she paused with tears in her eyes considering it. Cory looked over to you for confirmation and you nodded encouragingly. She sniffled and wiped her red cheeks. "Otay, I big gurl, I do school" she whimpered.

You and Oliver smiled widely. "That's our big girl, mommy and daddy are proud of you" you said and Ollie set her down. You two walked into the front office and approached the teacher. "You must be Cordelia" the lady smiled warmly and Cory nodded, hiding behind you a bit. "Well Cory, time to say bye bye to mom and dad, come and meet your new friends" she said gently.

Cory looked up at you and you nodded, so she slowly walked towards the teacher. You and Oliver both gave her a tight hug and let her go. "We'll be back later, have fun baby" you said and watched her disappear into the class. "They grow up too fast don't they" you sighed and Ollie agreed, kissing you on the forehead.