You're feeling insecure (Fred)

TRIGGER WARNINGS: none
.
You pinched at the skin on your stomach as you looked yourself up and down in the mirror. It wasn't a good day for you, it was just one of those days where you wake up and feel that you look like a goblin. Luckily it was a Saturday and you didn't have classes so you could wear your hoodie around the school to hide your figure. You paired the hoodie with some black mom jeans and your usual pair of boots.

You went down to the common room and was immediately picked up by 2 strong arms and knew immediately who it was. It was the only person in the whole school who could pick you up like that without risking a punch to the face. "Morning Freddie" you smiled and kissed him. "Goooddddd morning my beautiful sunshineeee, how are we today?" he sang and you laughed but Fred could tell something was wrong. Your eyes wouldn't crinkle like when you usually smiled and your laugh was much quieter.

Since there were quite a few people in the common room he'd ask about it later. "Would you do the honours of accompanying me to gather supplied for your tummies this fine morning m'lady?" he asked with a posh accent as he held his arm out. "No" you stated blanky causing Fred to freeze in his tracks. "LAST ONE TO THE HALL IS A ROTTEN EGG" you then shouted and made a run for it. "Heyyyyy, not fairrrr" Fred whined but chased after you nonetheless.

You were both out of breath by the time you reached the Great Hall so you both sat down at the tables and started to fill up your plates... Well, you watched Fred fill up his plate while you had 2 pieces of toast with an egg. Fred being Fred however noticed immediately and turned to you. "What's wrong darling? Why aren't you getting food?" "I'm just not hungry Freddie" you tried but Fred had heard that excuse enough times from you to know what it meant.

Sighing, he put his plate down, whispered something to George who nodded, then he took your hand gently and led you out of the Great Hall. "Where are we going?" you asked but received no reply. Fred instead kept walking and dragged you into Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. He sat you on the sink and combed his fingers through your hair gently. "Is it one of those days darling?" he asked softly and you sadly nodded, not wanting to meet his eyes.

You felt two fingers under your chin lifting your face up, then a soft kiss to your plump lips. "It's okay love, nothing to be ashamed of. We all have our bad days and that's okay, we're only human, we can't be expected to be 100% all the time, that's exhausting, just remember for me that after a storm comes a rainbow, it's not gonna be a bad day forever, a good day is gonna follow"

You just sat there taking in his words. Then you slowly inched towards him and gave him the tightest hug of his life, clinging onto him for dear life. He shushed you gently while rubbing your back with his warm, comforting hands. "Thank you Freddie, for putting up with everything, all my bullshit and insecu..." "Shhhhh, shhh, shush, shush your face, you don't need to thank me for anything, it's my job to make sure a pretty smile is on your face at all times."

You smiled at him, a genuine smile and hugged him tight. "I'm so grateful for you bubby, you make me feel beautiful around you and make me so so happy." "That's all I want, now, let's go finish the 2 lucky pieces of toast that you picked to die today" You laughed and swatted his arm, to which his response was: "ahhhhh, help me, my girlfriend is bullying me" The both of you laughed together as you made your way towards the Great Hall.

You sat down in your seats and Fred pushed the pieces of toast in front of you. "Do you think you can finish that for me baby?" You nodded and the both of you dug in and to your surprise, you finished the whole plate of toast and even grabbed some more. Fred sat there watching you eats and his heart swelled with pride. He was so proud of you and how far you had come. And as for you, you were so glad you had someone by your side that never failed to make you feel like you're the most beautiful person on earth.