You go to the Yule Ball alone - Fred

Request for -luxxsthetics❤❤❤
.
TRIGGER WARNINGS: none
.
You and Hermione rolled your eyes at each other listening to Ron panic about not having a date to the Yule Ball. The two of you couldn't find the conversation in the slightest bit interesting but that changed when Ron asks the twins who they were going with.

You held your breath hoping Fred would ask you and the others were sure of it too, you two had been best friends for as long as you can remember as well as George but everyone could tell you and Fred had a special connection. Your breath hitched when Fred winked at you but your heart completely stopped when he turned over and asked Angelina to go with him.

Everyone was staring at his oblivious ass with their mouths wide open and looking at you sympathetically. It took everything in you not to burst out into tears right then and there. You ignored everyone and focused on the work Snape had set and the moment you finished and handed it in, you hurried out without saying a single word leaving Fred confused and the others concerned.

"What's wrong with her, is everything okay?" he asked worriedly, you were still someone he deeply cared about. "Boys are so stupid, something could be presented on a golden platter in front of them and they still wouldn't see it" Hermione hissed and went to hand in her work, then ran out after you, leaving Fred even more confused.

He turned to the others for an answer but they just shrugged and smiled sympathetically at him, since you made them all swear to not tell Fred about your feelings for him and since they all knew you took your threats seriously and had seen Malfoy be on the receiving end of your hexes, they didn't dare tell him.

Hermione and Ginny eventually found you sitting in the corner of Moaning Myrtle's bathroom with silent tears streaming down your face along with your mascara and eyeliner. Your eyes we're red and puffy and your cheeks were blotchy. You looked like a heart broken mess, which you were.

"I really thought he'd ask me" you whimpered and their faces softened. "My brother is being an idiot, it's embarrassing how stupid he is sometimes" Ginny huffed making you smile a bit. "No, you know what? Us three are going to go as a group considering all of our guys are stupid and we're going to show them what they're missing" Hermione exclaimed. (Ik it's not what happens just go with it)

So that's what you three spent the rest of the week doing. You were busy looking for the perfect dresses, jewelry, hairstyle, makeup and by the time the ball came around, everything was absolutely perfect. The three of you looked like goddesses and if this didn't make Ron, Harry and Fred open their damn eyes, nothing will.

Your dress:

(Alternative) Your suit:

Hermione's dress

(Hermione's is the same because she looked absolutely stunning in it)

Ginny's dress:

The three of you made your way down to the main entrance and every single pair of eyes were laid on you as you three glided down the hallway and into the great hall

The three of you made your way down to the main entrance and every single pair of eyes were laid on you as you three glided down the hallway and into the great hall. The whole world seemed to stop as everyone turned their heads to look your way and who could blame them? You three looked like royalty.

Even Ron, Harry and Fred couldn't take their eyes off of you. You three looked at each other and waltzed over to the drinks table to take a seat. "I think we caught their attention alright" Ginny said and all of you laughed, agreeing.

The night went on with you three dancing and laughing and having fun but you couldn't help but notice Fred had eyes on you whenever you looked at him and he looked almost, regretful? No, it was just your mind playing you, you thought. You tried your best to ignore him and it ended up being one of the best nights of your life, even if your heart still wanted him to be dancing by your side.

The party was finally over and you three started to walk back to your dorm. "You guys go ahead, I want to take a walk and enjoy the air" you said and headed off as Ginny and Hermione returned to the dorm. You walked down the corridor and was about to turn the corner when you froze in your tracks just in front of the great hall when you heard your name.

"That was so stupid Fred, Y/N was heartbroken when you didn't ask her out. She has had feelings for you since forever and she thought you returned them but then you asked Angelina so she thought it was because you had feelings for Angelina instead. She would tell you you're so stupid if she heard you say that you were scared to ask her out because you love her" George's voice said and your eyes bulged out of their sockets.

He loves me? you thought. Well apparently you didn't think, more like you said it out loud and you didn't realize until George's voice echoed through the hall again. "Yes he fucking loves you, he's absolutely smitten for you and he won't shut up about you, it's getting annoying so please for my sanity, get together" he said, appearing from behind the corner and leading you over to where Fred was standing, then kissed your head and went off to his dorm.

"How much of that did you hear?" Fred asked quietly, looking at you but you didn't dare meet his eyes. "Enough" was all you said, still looking at the floor. "Look at me please love?" he said gently but you shook your head, feeling your eyes start to water. He sighed and gently put two fingers under your chin so he could lift up your face so you would have to look at him.

"Hey there" he smiled softly and your lip quivered. His face softened and he pulled you into a hug, completely drowning you in his chest. You held onto him and allowed yourself to melt into his warm embrace. You missed him so much considering you had been avoiding him. "I'm sorry" he said after a while. "I didn't know how to tell you my feelings and I thought you didn't feel the same, and I didn't want to risk ruining our friendship. I thought if I couldn't date you at least you'd still be my best friend" he confessed sheepishly and before he could say anything else, you pressed your lips against his.

You two molded perfectly together and butterflies went crazy in your tummy. When you finally pulled away for air, he pulled you in for another hug, which you of course accepted. "Would you do me a favor and be this idiot's girlfriend?" he asked, gently combing his fingers through your hair. "Yes Freddie, a definite yes" you replied, melting back into the hug. "I've been wanting to do that for forever" you said, snuggling your face into his chest. "Well then why don't you do it again?" he challenged and you rolled your eyes but nevertheless, you did.