You comfort George after Fred died

request for -euphxoria- ❤❤
.
TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
It has been a few months since the battle has passed and everyone is just starting to try to get back to their regular lives, to move on past all the pain and loss but with little success. Nevertheless, people still barrel forward because they have to and you and George were two of those people.

You two have a joke shop to run, not only because it's your responsibility but to keep it running as a means to keep Fred's memory alive.

You two have been putting it off for as long as you could, but you had to keep business going. You offered to open it alone and George could continue mourning for his brother as long as he needed, but George being George thought that it was unfair to you, as you were also Fred's best friend, so you decided to reopen the shop together.

You tiptoed down the hallway of your shared flat and knocked quietly on George's door and heard a faint "come in", so you entered to reveal the redhead on the bed with blotchy cheeks and red rimmed eyes. Your face softened and you walked over to him as you willed back tears, sat down and engulfed him into a hug, allowing him to release his emotions onto your shoulder. Tears soaked through your shirt as you held him, tears rolling down your own face as his body shook with sobs as he clung onto you as if you were the only lifeline he had left.

You knew George was hurting but you could only begin to imagine the extent of what he's going through. Yes you were his best friend too, the three of you inseparable, but Fred was his other half from the very beginning, even before they opened their eyes. Their whole childhood was spent side by side, attached at the hip. Getting in trouble, coming up with crazy inventions, driving Molly up the wall. All of that, they did together, even before you were even in the picture. All of that taken away with a flick of a wand. Just a flick of a wand and George would have to go on for the rest of his life with no new memories of the two of them together, so all you could do right now was let him cry.

You let him sob. You let him cling onto you. You choked back sobs yourself as you tightened your arms around him, rubbing up and down his back, even played with his hair, but you didn't tell him to calm down. You let him feel his emotions and he was grateful.

After a while, his sobs slowly but surely began to die down to sniffles and he was able to take deep breaths with you instructing him. He pulled back and gave you a sad smile when he saw the tear streaks on your face that had yet to dry. Wiping them away with his thumb, he brought you back into a hug. "I'm sorry, I'm not the only one that lost someone" he sighed, pulling back to plant a kiss on your forehead. "He was your twin, your other half, I may have been his best friend but the bond we shared together was nothing compared to the connection you two had. You're allowed to mourn." you whispered, voice cracking towards the end.

"Freddie would totally yell at us for being stupid instead of opening the shop right now" George said and you both chuckled, tears drying up. "Well then let's not keep him waiting" you mumbled in return and grabbed his hand, leading him down stairs, determined to keep the legacy of the twin alive.