The battle of Hogwarts - Fred

TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
You had gotten seperated from the twins somehow while you were rushing through the castle, desperately fighting off deatheaters as well as trying to help the wounded to safety. Your breathing was ragged and your chest felt like it was on fire with every gulp of air that went into your lungs but you willed your legs to keep running. You wanted to find the twins. No, you needed to find them, especially Fred.

With all the adrenaline coursing through your veins, you didn't even feel the ache your muscles were dealing with, nor the sting of the cuts and wounds scattered all over you. You continued to make your way down the halls, firing spells left and right, deflecting most of the curses the deatheaters threw at you. Another spell was fired over your head that you barely dodged as you cut around the corner and yelled a curse at another deatheater who had a girl cornered.

You didn't think it would ever end, and you didn't know how much further your body could handle this. But it did end. As you were fighting along the halls, you heard news that Harry had finally killed Voldemort, and the deatheater in front of you apparated away. Everything was so quiet, it was almost...peaceful.

"Y/N!" you heard a voice yell and you whipped your head around to see 2 familiar redheads rushing towards you. Before you even registered what was going on, your legs moved on their own and soon, you felt yourself being picked up by a pair of strong arms and your nose filled with the familiar scent of fireworks and wood. You let out a breath of relief and hugged him a bit tighter, just to confirm he was really here. "Freddie" was all you could get past your lips as tears glossed over your eyes. "Hey darling, I'm here, it's over. Everything is over" he whispered, resting his forehead against yours.

"I'm feeling a little left out over here" George said, faking a pout causing you and Fred to chuckle. "Missed you too Georgie" you smiled and went to tangle him in a tight hug. You pulled back and scanned them both for injuries, a smile growing on your face at the sight of your best friends safe. "It's ove-". You didn't even get to finish that sentence as a piercing scream ripped through your throat as you fell to the ground, deep gashes apprearing all over your body.

Fred quickly caught you and looked up to see a deatheater smirking at you. In a blind rage, Fred reached for his wand and fired the Sectumsempura curse right back at him, wanting him to feel the same pain that you were in. He was about to advance towards the deatheater to finish him off but your whimpers and sobs brought him back down to reality.

"Hey go get a professor to undo the curse!" he yelled at George while holding you in his arms as tears streamed down his cheeks. "Hey, it's okay, if he goes I can't say my goodbyes, no one else knows the counter curse anyway, it isn't with it" you whispered, face paling as blood continued to seep out of your wounds. "No no no, it's okay, we'll get someone to heal you" Fred huffed, getting more frantic as the pulse in your wrist got weaker.

"You still haven't opened that pet shop you wanted right beside our jokeshop where we'd have a flat upstairs and make fun of George for being single yet, remember how much you wanted that shop? Yeah?" Fred blurted out, his voice thick with sadness as tears continued to race down his cheeks. "Looks like you're going to have to open it for me then" you smiled and reached a hand up to hold his face. "You have to hold on please, I don't know what I'd do without you". "Do what you did before you met me silly" "I don't think I can".

You gave him a sad smile and turned to where George was standing, silent tears creeping their way down his face. "Take care of him for me will you Georgie? Take care of each other, or I might have to come back and haunt you". This pulled a quiet chuckle from the both of them which put a content smile on your face. "I love you Freddie, you too Georgie, name the pet shop after me won't you?" you managed to say before your heart slowed, and slowed, until it came to a stop.

Fred leaned down to place a kiss on your cold lips for the last time and George knelt down and took your hand in his. "Yeah, we'll name the pet shop after you Y/N".