He's in love with you while dating Angelina - Fred

Request for 🧡🧡🧡
.
TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
You had been in love with Fred for the longest time and you were going to confess to him but instead, you found him in the hallway kissing Angelina right after asking her to be his girlfriend, so you swallowed your feelings and allowed yourself to be happy for him despite the sinking feeling inside of you whenever you saw the two of them together.

It was dragging you down and all your friends noticed, all of them except him. Even George calls him a dumbass for not seeing what was right in front of his eyes and for other reasons that you did not yet know. Truth is, Fred was in love with you too, the idiot was just too blind you see you returned the feelings, and thought you'd only be his best friend, so he decided to distract himself with dating Angelina. He did have a small crush on her, but it was nothing compared to his love for you. As mentioned above, just merely a distraction.

It's been 2 weeks and you were only getting worse, you became more quiet and there were almost always tears in your eyes considering everywhere you were, Fred and Angelina were there two, since Fred was in the same friend group, and to say it is exhausting is an extreme understatement. The others say it's unfair that Fred brings her to hangout with them every time and that they're all cuddly with each other and don't really pay attention to the group, he even hangs around George less, which is ridiculous, as agreed by everyone.

Through all of this however, you missed the longing glances that Fred sent your way whenever you weren't looking and when Angelina asked, he would just say he zoned out. You missed the fact that in potions class, he smelled you in the amortentia, which is why he refused to describe it to Snape and ended up with detention. Everyone else except you realized this and they all collectively agreed that you two are a different breed of stupid and are going to do something about this.

And that's how the two of you ended up locked in the broom cupboard, not being let out until you sort your stuff out. Hermione's words. You two didn't say anything to each other at first. You felt his eyes burn holes in your skull but you refused to meet them, your eyes trained on the floor. "Hey Y/N, look at me please love?" he asked confused as to why you weren't interacting with him and haven't been for the past two weeks.

Against your better judgement, you looked at him and hoped that the lights were dim enough for him not to see the gloss in your eyes as they glazed over with salty tears but obviously, with your luck, of course he did. His face clouded with worry as he reached out any and to place on your cheek, ready to catch any fallen tears. "Talk to me Y/N, I've barely seen you these past 2 weeks" he said.

"It's nothing" you whispered, hoping he would drop it but Fred being Fred, he didn't. "I miss you Y/N, if I've done something wrong please tell me, I want to fix it" he pleaded, trying to get you to talk to him. "It's not you, I just can't take it whenever you're with her" you mumbled again, not expecting him to hear it, but of course, with your luck, he did.

"Wait, her? Angelina? Why are you bothered?" he asked, genuinely curious since he didn't know of your feelings. "Why am I bothered? I've been in love with you since forever! And according to the others it's been really damn obvious but I've been too pathetic to ask you out and now thanks to me, you're not available anymore and you apparently never had feelings for me anyw-". You were stopped as Fred crashed his lips onto yours, incredibly relieved that you didn't hate him but quite the opposite, you loved him.

You two broke apart as the door of the closet opened and you heard squeals as Ginny's face peered in grinning. You rolled your eyes and Fred helped you up then you dusted off. "Does this mean you'll get rid of Angelina and you two can finally stop being stupid?" Ron asked, earning a smack over the head from Hermione. "Shut up you git, but yes" Fred confirmed, putting his arm around you and pulling you into his chest.