You come out to him (James)

Request for voldyshinyforehead 🥰🥰🥰
.
TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
You were outside James's house slightly shivering since it was November and he wasn't home. You really didn't think it through when you went over before calling. You say on his porch and zoned out, remembering the conversation with your parents earlier.

- Hey mom? Dad? Can...can I tell you something
- Yes what is it?
- I- I'm bisexual...
There was complete silence and you didn't dare to meet your eyes.
- Are you sure?
You nod.
- But how does that even work? You're just confused, if you're a lesbian just tell us, it would be much less silly than this bisexual nonsense
- But I'm bi dad, why is it so hard to understand? I just like both genders
- No, enough of this nonsense, you're either straight or lesbian
- But mo-
- Enough

You couldn't take it, you were relieved that they weren't completely homophobic and at least hoped you were a lesbian but at the same time, they were being biphobic, they didn't even try to understand and that's what irked you, so you went over to where you felt completely at ease, James's house, but to your luck obviously, he wasn't here. So you sat there shivering in front of his door, silently cursing yourself for not bringing a sweater. Then you realized James didn't know you're bi, so telling him about this would mean having to come out and you weren't sure how he was going to react.

You were so busy in your thoughts that you didn't notice the car pull up and James looking extremely confused to see you shivering on his porch. You felt a warmth suddenly spread through your body and your head shot up. Your eyes met James's and you realized he draped his coat around you. You hugged it closer to your body and mumbled a quiet "hi" leaving him extremely worried about you.

"Let's get you inside and warmed up okay baby? And then you can tell me what's wrong after if you want to" You nodded, allowing him to pick you up and carry you inside. He set you down on the couch and covered you in blankets that he retrieved from his room then put you on his lap, holding you close. You slowly began to warm up and nuzzled your face in his chest. You zoned out again after a little while and didn't realize you started to bite your nails. It was a habit you had whenever you were anxious.

James gently removed your hands from your mouth and held them in his. "What's the matter baby girl? What happened?" he asked very concerned. He'd never seen you this quiet and upset about something. "Jamie, you love me right? No matter what?" "Yes of course, you're scaring me darling, what's wrong?" he asked and tightened his arms around you.

"I'm bisexual" you mumbled and curled yourself up in his lap. "Is that all my love? I don't care if you're bisexual, it's who you are" you teared up and turned to hug him as tight as you could. He held you tight and stroked your hair. "What's wrong darling?" he asked gently, sensing that that wasn't all you wanted to tell him. "I told my parents earlier" you sniffled. "They didn't exactly throw me out, but they were being biphobic? They said I was just confused and it was either straight or lesbian, no in between, they don't acknowledge my identity..." you whispered and tears formed in your eyes.

"Do you need to stay here my love? You can stay for as long as you want, as long as you need to wind down" he asked gently and wiped your tears away with the pads of his thumbs. "Yes please, thank you Jamie, I'm sorry if I'm being a bother" "Hey, no, shush" he squished your cheeks and looked into your eyes. "You'll never be a bother okay? Well...unless you steal my chocolate but other than that you're never gonna be a bother, I'm more than happy to have you here. I love you okay?"

You chuckled a bit and nodded, snuggling your face back into the crook of his neck, breathing in his scent. "You want to go to bed baby?" James asked. "Yeah, I don't have anything to change into though" "You can wear my clothes" he replied and picked you up, carrying you to the bedroom.

He laid out a t shirt and some boxers for you and went into the bathroom to change so you had some privacy. You quickly changes into his clothes and oh my goodness they were so comfortable. And they smelled like him, so bonus. You laid on the bed and crawled under the extremely comfortable duvet. Why the fuck is everything so damn comfortable in this house you thought. "Because I enjoy being comfortable babe, it's not rocket science" James laughed, walking out of the bathroom and you blushed, realizing you said that out loud.

James crawled under the duvet with you and pulled you into his side. "I love you darling, sleep, you must be exhausted" "Thank you Jamie, for everything, I love you so much" "Anything for my fierce bisexual queen"