BSM - Your parents compare you to them

TRIGGER WARNINGS: none
.
It was another normal dinner at the Phelps household only this time your brothers were staying over for dinner. They moved out a whole ago but still came over quite often because their house was rather close.

They had just finished shooting the 6th Harry Potter movie and your parents cooked a large meal to celebrate. You were currently setting the table while your brothers and parents chatted in the kitchen. You were laying down the cutlery when you accidentally dropped a fork and it made a loud clang against the table and so you began to panic, hoping they wouldn't say anything because your brothers were here.

"Y/N are you okay?" James called out. You were about to answer when you heard your mother do it for you. "She/he/they is fine" loud enough for you to hear then went back to their conversation. You sighed and continued setting the table then went into the kitchen, but the moment you stepped in you saw your parents glaring at you so you backed out without the twins noticing and went to sit on the couch and looked through your phone.

After about 20 minutes, you got called to the dinner table to start eating. "So little sis, how is school going?" Oliver asked as he munched on his food. You opened your mouth and was about to say something when your dad interrupted: "She/he/they is not doing well at all, her report card showed an A in 2 out of 10 subjects, the rest were Bs and there was a C, in maths! When I was her age  I excelled in it. As you can see she/he/they is not the brightest child."

Looking down at your plate, you felt embarrassed, and not wanting to meet either of the twins eyes, you moved your food around but not actually eating it. The twins however frowned at this but dropped it for now. "Y/N, why can't you be more like your brothers, look how successful they are, and they're brilliant, they're funny and talented, while you can't even use your brain to get at lease a few more As, it's embarrassing" your mother added.

"Not to mention, you've been gaining quite a few pounds lately, maybe you shouldn't eat that plate and go eat some salad instead" you dad pitched in, causing tears to sting the back of your eyes. You put your cutlery down immediately and wrapped your arms around your stomach, completely losing your appetite and just sat there silently looking down at your lap, trying desperately to hold the tears in.

James and Oliver however weren't going to let it go so easily. "What the hell was that? She/he/they can't be more like us because she/he/they is Y/N, not James or Oliver" James defended you. "Did you even bother to look at what subjects she/he/they got the As in? Or did you just focus on the Bs and the one single C, we barely got As at all, and that's never been a problem, so why the fuck are you making her/him/them feel like shit?" Oliver asked much less calm than James did.

"Also, what the fuck was that about her putting on a few pounds? She looks absolutely amazing, Y/N doesn't need to change anything, the only thing that needs changing is your pompous attitude" James stated, his voice getting louder, then they both turned to you, pulled you up and led you upstairs to your bedroom, Oliver carrying the plate of food.

Once they shut the door, James pulled you in for a tight hug and your tears started to roll, you couldn't hold them in anymore. Oliver set the plate down and wrapped you in his arms as well, so you were sandwiched in between the both of them. James sat on the bed with you in his lap, rocking slightly while Oliver sat behind you, stroking your hair.

"How long has this been going on for bug?" Oliver asked softly and you sniffled. "Since you guys moved out" you whimpered. "Jesus Y/N, why didn't you say anything to us, it's been like 9 months, no one should have to endure it" James said quickly, pulling you into a tight hug. "I'm sorry" you managed to get out before breaking down in tears, tired of keeping everything in.

"You have nothing to be sorry for bug" Oliver whispered and rubbed your back comfortingly while James rocked you slightly on his lap. Your sobs retreated after a while but tears were still rolling down your face. James gently wiped them away with his thumbs and kissed your forehead and Oliver passed you the plate. "You need to finish your dinner love" "But, they said I put on a fe-" "Nope, don't listen to anything they say, you're perfect the way you are, you need to eat babe" Oliver stopped you. "Okay"

You got through the whole plate and they both hugged you. "See? Wasn't so hard" Oliver said ruffling your hair. "Now pack your bags, you're staying with us for a while. A long while, so bring enough for like a month or two" James said and helped you up into your feet.

"I'll go talk to mom and dad" Oliver said and dissapeared around the corner. James helped you pack and you heard them raise their voices down stairs so you shut the door and continues packing whatever you needed. "Just so you know, nothing they say is true. You're our sister, you're fuckin awesome okay?" James said to you and kissed your head. You nodded and the two of you made your way downstairs with your two suitcases.

Oliver was waiting for the two of you at the door and helped you with one of the suitcases. The three of you went out to the car and packed everything up. Your mom and dad didn't even acknowledge you leaving and at first you teared up but then decided they weren't worth your time anymore.

Oliver started driving so you laid down and made yourself comfy in James's lap. He combed his fingers through your hair and you got more drowsy by the minute. "Thank you guys, for defending me" "Of course we're going to defend you" Oliver chirped. "Who else are we going to defend dumbass, the neighbor?" James chuckled and you slapped his arm. The three of you laughed and you let out a huge yawn.

"Sleep love, we'll be here when you wake up" James said then kissed your forehead and combed his fingers through your hair again. You nodded and drifted off into a dreamless sleep, temporarily forgetting all the hurt your parents had caused you.