Proposal - Oliver

Request for sumayaortiz 💚💚💚
.
TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
You were currently getting ready for a date you had with Oliver. He went out and told you to get ready for when he picks you up at 6pm. Oliver had also asked James to babysit your little girl and they were currently downstairs so you didn't have to worry about them.

You were rummaging through your closet trying to find something to wear. Oliver told you what he was going to wear so you were desperately trying to find something to match. You've been looking through your closet for 10 minutes but you suddenly remembered a specific dress he bought for your birthday that would match perfectly so you went to the other closet to fetch it.

Your dress:

Once you had managed to squeeze in your dress, you put your hair up in a beautiful braid and did your makeup to match the dress

Once you had managed to squeeze in your dress, you put your hair up in a beautiful braid and did your makeup to match the dress. You looked absolutely stunning.

You made your way downstairs where James was playing with your little girl, tossing her up then catching her again, her happy squeals filling the hallways and you couldn't help but feel a smile tug on your lips.

"Hey guys, we'll be back later tonight, don't feed her any sugar before bed okay James?" you said, knowing fully well that he would ignore you and get her ice cream anyway. "Yeah yeah, sure I won't" he said rolling his eyes and you shook your head. "You look beautiful by the way" he added and handed Cory over to you. "Thanks, and hello Cory" you cooed, smiling at the ball of happiness in your arms. "Mommy and daddy will be back soon okay? You behave for uncle Jamie alright?" you said, passing her back to James just as the doorbell rang.

You went to open it to come face to face with a large bouquet of flowers and a smiley Oliver. "You look ethereal" was all he could muster up as his eyes raked up and down your beautiful body. Blushing, you took the flowers and linked your arm in his as you two said goodbye to James and Cory and Ollie led you down to the limo that was waiting out front.

"Where are we going?" you asked as you laid your shoulder on his head. "You'll see" he winked and the two of you sat in a comfortable silence for the rest of the ride, just enjoying each other's company. You recognized the road you were driving along and turned to him smiling. "Are we going where I think we're going?" you asked excited and he nodded, chuckling.

He turned the corner and parked the car on the side of the road, then covered your eyes and led you along a small trail to the top of a hill. "You ready?" he asked and you nodded, dying to see what the surprise was. He lifted his hands from in front of your face and it looked like a scene from a fairytale. You knew he had taken you to the hillside where you had your first date but what you saw just blew you away.

There was a small tent set up with countless fairy lights strung all around the trees and ground. Flower petals were laid out on the floor making a trail to the picnic blanket and there were bunches of hydrangeas, your favourite flowers, all around you. "How long did it take you to decorate all this?" you asked, still taking in the sight in front of you. He kissed your forehead gently and led you over to the picnic and sat you down, grabbing a bottle of champagne. "Just the whole day" he winked and you smiled, completely in awe of your surroundings.

"What's the special occasion?" you smirked and he shook his head. "Can't a guy just ask his girlfriend out on a date?" "No" you dead panned and he chuckled some more, his laugh like music to your ears.

You spent the whole night eating, laughing, joking around, even some dancing and it was completely magical. "One last thing before we wrap this up darling, there's something for you in the tent" he said and gently led you towards it. You crouched down inside and saw there was a box and you opened it to be faced with an adorable pair of eyes staring back at you along belonging to a beautiful puppy with silly black fur with a wagging tail. Completely caught up with the dog, you forgot that Oliver was even outside.

You picked the dog up and held it in your arms, scratching it's head and getting the cutest yawn out of it as a reply. You then noticed there was a piece of paper tied on the collar so you set the puppy down and opened it. Hey mama, would you marry Oliver please? Love, your puppy it read and your eyes went wide. Remembering Oliver's existence, you turned and went back out the tent again to see Oliver kneeling in front of you, holding up a beautiful crystal ring.

He remembered that you much preferred a raw crystal ring on the simpler side

He remembered that you much preferred a raw crystal ring on the simpler side. You just didn't understand the appeal of the large diamond rings. You just thought they looked tacky and these raw crystal rings were much more elegant and you absolutely loved it. He picked out the perfect one.

You could feel your eyes tearing up and before he could even say anything you were nodding your head yes. You threw your arms around his neck and his arms tightened around your waist, lifting you off your feet and you spun around. You felt his lips against yours and all the air was sucked out of your chest. All you could feel in that moment was him.

Once you had landed safely on your feet, you laid your head against his chest. "What should we name the little addition to the family?" you said, looking down at the puppy that was brushing against your foot. "She's yours" Oliver whispered and placed a gentle kiss on your head. "Padfoot it is" you smiled and Ollie rolled his eyes. "Welp, let's take padfoot home and introduce her to Cory".