You get to marry him - George

Request for 🥰🥰
.
TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
Long story short, you were royalty, and George was not. He was employed to work in the royal gardens, which just so happened to be your favorite place for a walk. And that's how you two met. You accidentally tripped and fell, scratching your palms on the thorns of the roses that lay just at the sidewalk. George being the gentleman that he is immediately helped you up and tended to your wounds. Something inside you stirred that day and you began to go down to the gardens much more often to get a conversation from the boy.

Eventually, after 3 months and many conversations later, you two were absolutely head over heels for each other and you had asked him to be your partner. You two had to keep it quiet because your father put a stupid law in place that states royalty and "commoners" shall not be romantically involved with each other. You've managed to keep it quiet for 2 years, sneaking about after hours and in the early morning. It was hard but you two made it work.

Everything was going fine until your father decided it was time for you to start looking for a suitor, so he had arranged a ball for you to choose a prince. The second you heard that news, you dashed out to the gardens to find George and you spotted him tending to the hydrangeas.

"George, Georgie, they're making me choose a suitor" you said, eyes filling up with salty tears. Upon seeing your hysterics, he put down his tools and led you over to the big tree on the edge of the garden for some more privacy. "They're making me get married Georgie, I don't want to get married to some snooty prince who thinks they can rule me, I want you" you blabbered, words jumbling together into a mess. He gently held your face in his hands and wiped your tears to calm you down.

"It's okay, we'll think of something, they're not going to take you away from me my beautiful flower" he reassured, even if he was terrified he'd never be able to hold you again. "Let's run away" you mumbled and his eyes went wide, thinking he heard you wrong. "What?" "Let's run away, I'll give up my tiara, I never wanted this life, let's run away and they won't find us, as we can be happy" you pleaded and without hesitation, George agreed. "Okay love, meet me here at midnight, I'll have a horse ready, we can be free" he said, bringing you into a tight hug. You two stood there, soaking in each other's presence for comfort.

You two were completely unaware of the pair of eyes watching you from the training fields. Your father. Today out of all days, he decided that he wanted to check up on the knight training. Instead he sees his daughter hugging the garden boy. He decided he wouldn't say anything and keep an eye on you instead (go away creep let Y/N be)

Eventually, midnight came. You put on your cloak  and swiftly made your way down to your meeting place expecting to see George but instead, you were met with your dad and a guard. "Dad? I don't-" "Think you're clever? Sneaking off with the garden boy?" he seethed, anger evident in his voice, causing panic to rise up your whole body. "Where is he" Okay you planned to sound more angry but the fear you felt was too strong, so it came out more of a whisper.

"I would have loved to banish him but you'll never go through with the marriage I have set up for you, so he is moved down to work in the kitchens, where you won't see him, because I have informed all the maids to not let you anywhere near him. You were slightly relieved that he was still on castle grounds and that only the maids were instructed to keep you two apart. Your father thinks he's smart but all the workers are on your side. Because unlike your father who bosses them around and treats them like slaves, you treat them as equal. And they have actually helped you keep your relationship a secret all this time.

You internally smirked but hid it well. You stormed off to your chambers, got changed and wrote him a letter, explaining everything and your plan. Then you called for your personal maid and gave the letter to her, explaining the situation and she happily delivered the letter to you as you paced the night away under the moonlight, thinking of a way to execute your plan perfectly tomorrow.

Morning came and preperations were in place. You were even more pissed at your father, who told you you were going to be choosing a suitor. Nope. He had already planned it out and today was your wedding day. You caught a glimpse of the groom and recognized him as the prince of the neighboring kingdom, which your father had been trying to get allegiance from for years. Their offer had always been getting you to marry their son but obviously, you always refused. He was a douchebag.

Your maids had just finished helping you put on your dress, giving you sympathetic glances as you thanked them and they left you to your own so you could have some time for yourself.
As you were about to come out of the room, your personal maid came in with a smile, handing you a note. I'm with you to the end of the line was scribbled on it with messy handwriting which you immediately recognized as George's which gave you a surge of power. You thanked her and made your way out to the great hall, where the wedding was starting.

You gripped onto the paper when you felt all eyes on you as you made your way down the aisle, where the sorry excuse of a prince was standing with a smirk on his face that you so desperately wanted to slap off. Once you got to the altar, the wedding started with the usual ceremonies, the vows, which were obviously half assed for both of you, you because you didn't want to marry him and him because he was a pig. The vows would have been so sweet if it was Georgie you thought and rolled your eyes and internally gagged when he said "I love you".

The part you've been waiting for was coming next. As soon as the words "does anyone object" came out of the priest's mouth, the words "I object" came out of yours. The whole hall went silent and you smirked upon seeing your father and the prince visibly go red. You looked around and saw that the maids had brought George up to the Hall to watch what was about to happen. He looked at you and smiled, which gave you a surge of confidence to continue.

"I object to this damn wedding. I haven't even officially met him before today" you exclaimed, pointing to the prince. "You" you said pointing to your father "Only are doing this so you could get some damn allegiance from their kingdom. And you told me it was a ball so I could choose. Where's my choice? You also told your citizens when you just became king that you'd treat them with respect and as an equal yet you refer to Georgie over there as the garden boy and all the staff as slaves."

You paused to catch your breath and to marvel at the reactions in the room. Your father was absolutely red with anger, the maids were all smiling, the guests were completely silent and George looked so incredibly proud and urged you to continue, so you did. "If I'm not marrying George because you won't let royalty marry "commoners", then I'm no longer royalty" you said confidently, removing your tiara and all the guests were completely frozen in their place.

"You wouldn't dare little girl" your father seethed and glared at you but you simply smirked. "Oh daddy dearest. If I denounce the throne, you have no heir. I can end this entire bloodline and the royalty with a few words and a signature. Do you really want to give this up? Either you change the law, or this kingdom comes crumbling down with your name, and I will build it back up with mine once your time is done" you finished, relishing in your fathers reaction.

He realized he had no choice and slowly sat back down again. "The law that seperates royalty from commoners from marriage is lifted" he said, still glaring at you and the whole hall clapped in admiration. It wasn't every day a princess made a king kneel. You ran towards George at top speed spinning around as he caught you. "We're gonna get married" you laughed, burying your face in his neck. "We're gonna get married my flower" he repeated, holding you tighter in his arms, never intending to let go.