You're having a bad day - Fred

TRIGGER WARNINGS: none
.
The day had started out horrible, it continued horribly and you suspect it would end horribly as well. Today felt like one of those days where Merlin decided to say fuck you and dump everything that is unlucky onto one person, and today, that person is you.

For one, the day started off late, meaning you missed breakfast and you were late to Umbridge's, which obviously earned you a month's worth of detention, starting at the end of the lesson seeing as you had a free period next. Then, with a sore and bleeding hand from her blood quill, you had to rush off to potions, which you just managed to make it on time, but you messed up your potion horribly which made Snape take 20 points off your house, so now your housemates are giving you the cold shoulder. Quidditch practice was next which sent you to the hospital wing with a broken nose from a bludger and finally to top it all off, you haven't seen your boyfriend all day, who's the only one you wanted to see right now.

You dragged yourself back to the common room after madam Pomfrey bandaged up your nose and let out a sigh of relief when you saw it was empty. You being you, you forgot about your nose being broken and flopped face down on the couch, wincing and biting your lip to keep in the tears when your nose hit the firm couch cushions. You laid there like that for god knows how long, just letting the events of the day wash over you again and again.

You then felt a hand on your back and you jolted up, raising your wand to attack but slowly relaxed back when you saw your ginger boyfriend looking back at you with his arms up in surrender. Not saying anything, you let out a sigh of defeat, throwing yourself into his arms and clung on for dear life, seeking comfort from the only person who could give it.

He didn't even have to ask to know you were having a bad day, and he didn't push you to talk about it either, knowing that you'll rant to him later when your mood has elevated so he calmly picked you up, carried you up to his dorm and sat you on his bed. He then silently goes off and returns with a hoodie and some boxers of his, then gently removed your robe and uniform, replacing it with the soft material that smelled so much like him.

You immediately sunk into the hoodie, marvelling in his scent as you feel yourself slowly calming down. He then picked you up and placed you in his lap, then started to braid your hair gently as he felt your muscles relax in his arms.

"I don't want to talk about it" you mumbled, fisting his hoodie and curling into his chest even more. You felt his chest rumble as he let out a low chuckle and kissed your forehead. "Then we won't talk about it, we'll just sit here and enjoy ourselves" he said quietly, tightening his arms around you as he sees your eyes slowly shut. He guessed that the exhaustion had finally caught up with you and only when he was sure you were sound asleep did he allow himself to slumber.