You flinch during an argument (Fred)

Request for AngryExiledChild 👑👑
.
TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of abuse
.
You were in the common room waiting for Fred to come back, you haven't seen him all afternoon and George said he last saw him with Angelina. It was supposed to be date night but looks like Angelina was more important than you. You wiped away a tear that had rolled down your face and stared at the fireplace. A little while later, you heard the portrait door open and laughing.

Sure enough, Fred and Angelina came through the hole talking to each other. "Hi Y/N" Fred said noticing you but you ignored him. "I should go up" Angelina said and you couldn't resist. "Yeah, you should" Fred shot you a look that cracked your heart but you didn't let it show. Angelina went upstairs and you heard Fred cast a silencing charm around the room.

"What the hell was that" he asked clearly annoyed. "Yeah, what the actual hell was that Fred? You blow me off on our fucking date night without notice for her??! Is she that much more important than me?" you yelled and saw his face pale. "Oh crap, I'm sorry, I totally forgot about the date" he moved towards you but you backed away. "Well seems like you had a jolly good time with Angelina anyway, because who needs to care about me!"

"I'm sorry okay? It won't happen again" "Sure, yeah, that's likely" you mumbled. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean??" Fred raised his voice at you. "This is the 3rd time you bastard, if you really like her that fucking much at least break up with me first and you won't have to sneak around behind my fucking back" you spat and saw red rising to his face. "You think I'm cheating on you?! I can't fucking believe you!!!" he was full on yelling and towering over you which intimidated you a lot but you didn't let it show...until he raised a hand up to push back the hair that had fallen in front of his eyes.

You visibly flinched away and instinctively covered your face with your hands. There was complete silence so you slowly removed your hands and looked up at Fred with tears in your eyes. He was just staring at you then back at his hand. He slowly and gently reached his hand to your cheek and wiped the tear that escaped your eye. You flinched again slightly causing his heart to break a little.

"Baby, did you think I was going to hit you?" he asked shakily. You nodded, not meeting his eyes. He slowly pulled you into a warm hug and continued. "Did someone hit you in an argument before baby?" and you nodded again. "Tell me love" "I-it was my ex, he would hit me whenever I argued back at him, and he cheated on me multiple times, and then hit me whenever I tried to bring it up" you whimpered and continued. "I'm sorry I assumed you were cheating on me with Ang-"

"Shhh, hey, it's okay, now I know why, I'm so sorry I shouldn't have yelled at you, it wasn't your fault. He cheated on you constantly, causing you to always be on guard. I'm sorry I made you feel you couldn't trust me, and I'm sorry for missing our dates. I really love you a lot and there is only you that I love and I will never ever lay a hand on you ever okay?" he reassured you and held you tight against his chest.

"Okay" was all you managed to say. You were overwhelmed right now and all you could do was hold onto him as tight as you possibly could to keep you grounded. He brought you over to the sofa and laid down, then pulled you ontop of his chest. He stroked your hair until you calmed down and began to fall asleep to the sound of his heart. "I love you Freddie, a lot" you mumbled and passed out.

He looked at you and smiled, rubbing small circles on your back. "I love you too Y/N" he whispered, kissed your head and wrapped his arms around you even tighter.