You have a PTSD flashback - James

Request for 💗💗
.
TRIGGER WARNINGS: abuse
.
You were standing in the kitchen, listening to James harshly lecturing you with tears threatening to leave your eyes. You had fallen asleep after an extremely hard and stressful day at work and had forgotten to pick Oliver and his wife up from the airport. You already felt extremely awful about it and was already beating yourself up about it but James angry at you was slowly leading you to your breaking point.

Even after Oliver explained they had waited for an hour and pulling a taxi back to James' place seeing you fast asleep on the couch completely exhausted, they understood and there was no harm done, James was still livid. You saw where he was coming from, you really did, it was just you had such a tough week, you could barely handle anything else.

"They could have gotten lost!! They cou- Y/N! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING" he bellowed snapping you out of your trance. You were slightly shaking as you had never seen him this angry before. "I'm s-sorry, zoned out" you said quietly and looked down, not daring to meet his eyes.

He scoffed. "Zoned out?" he said, his voice scarily calm. By this time Oliver had come down stairs to see if he could get James to stop yelling at you. "MY BROTHER AND HIS WIFE WERE STANDING THERE FOR AN HOUR AND YOU ZONE OUT?" he yelled, taking a step towards you. "WHY CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT" he spat and raised his hand to push back some hair that had fallen onto his face.

That movement sent you completely over the edge. You very visibly flinch and dropped down to the ground, images flashed through your head.

"WHY CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT" your father yelled as he threw another punch at you, hitting you square in the face. You whimpered holding your nose, feeling blood trickle down your chin. Another punch came in contact with your stomach, sending you to the floor. You curled up in a ball, enduring a couple more kicks and then complete blackness came.

You were shaken back to reality and your head snapped up to meet Oliver's eyes. For a split second you thought it was James and whispered. "Please don't hurt me" "I'm not gonna hurt you, it's Oliver, you're safe" he cooed and slowly brought your shaking figure into a hug. You broke down sobbing as the events that had just occurred and your flashback sank in. You clung onto Oliver like he was your only lifeline as your body wracked with tears.

James stood there in the corner, absolutely horrfied at himself. He didn't know what was wrong and what caused you to react the way you did. He so desperately wanted to hold you and be the one comforting you but he knew he had scared you, so he was going to wait until you calmed down.

After a good 30 minutes, your shaking had come to a stop but you still had silent tears down your face. Oliver moved so he could look at your face and he gave you a sympathetic smile. "My brother can be an idiot sometimes" he says to cheer you up and wipes your tears away with his thumb.

"I'll have a word with him okay?" he said and went into the kitchen to smack James across the head. "You bloody idiot" he whispered seeing as you were in the living room. "I told you already, she was asleep, bloody exhausted when we found her, and there was no harm done, and what do you do? You give her a goddamn panic attack" Oliver whisper yelled and smacked James' head again. "Go make it right" he said and James nodded.

He approached you carefully on the couch, making sure that you could see him. "Hey baby" he said gently and you looked up, tears brimming your eyes. His heart broke at the sight and he slowly reached his hand out to you so you wouldn't flinch away. Gently, he wiped away that one single tear that had rolled down your cheek and he kissed your head.

"May I sit?" he asked and you nodded so he took his seat next to you and put you on his lap. You leaned against his chest, still grounding yourself. "I'm so very sorry about how I acted, that can't be justified. I'm really sorry, please forgive me for scaring you" he said, combing his fingers through your hair.

"I forgive you James, I'm sorry i-" "Shhh, no harm was done" he shushed and kiss you again. "What happened after you flinched love, did someone hit you before?" he asked cautiously and felt you tense. He kissed your head and rubbed your back, letting you take your time.

"It was my parents, they'd hit and yell at me daily, once my dad hit me so hard I passed out" you mumbled and James felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. "I'm so so sorry darling" "It's okay James, you didn't know" "Well I'm sorry anyway, no one is gonna hurt you now, not even me, I'm going to protect you for as long as I live" he said to you and pressed his lips against yours, catching them in a passionate kiss. "Okay? " "okay".