The battle of Hogwarts - Fred (happy ending)

TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
You had gotten seperated from the twins somehow while you were rushing through the castle, desperately fighting off deatheaters as well as trying to help the wounded to safety. Your breathing was ragged and your chest felt like it was on fire with every gulp of air that went into your lungs but you willed your legs to keep running. You wanted to find the twins. No, you needed to find them, especially Fred.

With all the adrenaline coursing through your veins, you didn't even feel the ache your muscles were dealing with, nor the sting of the cuts and wounds scattered all over you. You continued to make your way down the halls, firing spells left and right, deflecting most of the curses the deatheaters threw at you. Another spell was fired over your head that you barely dodged as you cut around the corner and yelled a curse at another deatheater who had a girl cornered.

You didn't think it would ever end, and you didn't know how much further your body could handle this. But it did end. As you were fighting along the halls, you heard news that Harry had finally killed Voldemort, and the deatheater in front of you apparated away. Everything was so quiet, it was almost...peaceful.

"Y/N!" you heard a voice yell and you whipped your head around to see 2 familiar redheads rushing towards you. Before you even registered what was going on, your legs moved on their own and soon, you felt yourself being picked up by a pair of strong arms and your nose filled with the familiar scent of fireworks and wood. You let out a breath of relief and hugged him a bit tighter, just to confirm he was really here. "Freddie" was all you could get past your lips as tears glossed over your eyes. "Hey darling, I'm here, it's over. Everything is over" he whispered, resting his forehead against yours.

He then held you at arms length and scanned your body for injuries, looking you up and down to make sure you didn't have something serious that required immediate attention. "Thank merlin you're okay" he mumbled and brought you in for another hug, tightening his arms around you.

"I was so scared when I couldn't find you" he whispered as he caressed your face with his hand. "I know Freddie, I'm okay, you're okay" you breathed out, reality setting in that the battle was over.

You heard someone clear their throat behind you and turned to see a George with a fake pout on his face causing you and Fred to laugh. "I missed you too Georgie" you said and pulled him into a hug, relieved that all three of you were okay.