Brother's best friend - James

Request for ClodaghCoonan 🥰🥰
.
TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
You were literally going to pull your hair out trying to solve a maths problem. You weren't any closer to solving it than you were 20 minutes ago and it frustrated you to no end.

You slammed your pen down onto the table and was about to get some water when the door rang, so you opened it to reveal James, your brother's best friend.

"Oh hi Y/N" he chirped. Since your brother was only two years older than you, you were pretty close with him, that means you were close with some of his friends too, James being one of them. It didn't help your small crush on James thought "Hi, y/b/n isn't back yet, you can wait in his room" you said and stepped aside to let him enter, hoping your face hadn't gone red as a tomato.

You forgot about the water and just went back to the table and continued to stare at your notebook, willing the answers to pop into your head. After about another 10 minutes, you groaned again and buried your head in your arms, trying to hold back tears. You've never felt more stupid in your life.

"You alright there?" you heard James ask from behind you causing you to jump. "I thought you were upstairs" you questioned, trying to compose yourself from the heart attack the bloody bloke gave you. "I was, but I was thirsty" he replied and frowned, then reached a hand out to wipe away a tear you didn't even realize had fallen. He then took a peek over your shoulder and understood what caused your frustration. "Maths?" he questioned and you nodded, diverting your gaze back to your book.

Not only did you feel stupid now, but you also felt embarrassed. Your crush is witnessing you struggle over what your teacher said was a "simple" question, and knowing James was pretty good at maths made you feel even worse.

"I can help you if you want love" he said, pulling up a chair beside you. You didn't even trust your voice enough with him right next to you so you just nodded and let him coach you through the question.

The way he explained it was so much easier to understand than whatever language your teacher was spewing out and before you knew it, your homework was done and out of the way. You let out a sigh of relief as you slumped back in your chair as James chuckled at you. "Wasn't too bad now was it" he smiled and ruffled your hair and you prayed to whatever god was out there that your blush wasn't that noticeable.

Nope. Wasn't bad after all.