Love - Fred

TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
Love. They say love feels like butterflies in your stomach whenever they’re near. They say love feels like fireworks exploding when their lips touch yours. They say love is a million thoughts
rushing around your head, every single one with them at the center. Love to them is a raging fire, burning bright, consuming everything in its path. That’s love to them. But is it really love?

Because love to me, is the feeling of peace inside you when they’re in the room. Love to me feels like all your worries melt away when they pull you into their embrace. I say love, is every
rushing thought coming to a halt, and your mind is now at ease. Love to me, is the kindling, the start and foundation that nurtures the fire. See, people tend to confuse love and lust. Lust without love is fire that slowly but steadily wilts away, without the presence of kindling to sustain it.

Lust without love, a road that leads to nowhere. So they can say what they want to say, but I’ll keep holding onto my version of love. The version that would thrive in rain and storms, as long as there’s kindling for the flame to latch on to.

"At least that's what it felt like to me when you held me in your arms Freddie. That's still what it feels like, even when I sit here, hugging myself by your grave"

Fred's POV:
It was bittersweet, my heart tugged on itself as i watched them pour their heart out by my headstone. “I know darling” I whispered as I reached out a hand to place on their shoulder, just to provide any ounce of comfort. But of course, it passed right through.

Until the day that they would meet again, they would have to settle for loving each other apart,
in separate worlds, protecting the part of each other’s heart they swore to keep forever