He catches you self harming (James)

Request for 💕💕
.
TRIGGER WARNING: self harm, abuse
.
You jolted awake with tears streaming down your face and you were shaking. You covered your mouth to muffle the sobs to not wake James who was sleeping peacefully next to you. You quietly stood up and made your way over to the bathroom, hugging yourself and sniffling.

You closed and locked the door, slid down against the wall and sobbed into your knees quietly. You trembled as you played the nightmare in your head again and again.

"Go get me another beer you slut!" Your ex boyfriend slurred. You hobbled over on your sprained ankle and fetched it for him as fast as you could and gave it to him. "IT'S NOT COLD ENOUGH YOU STUPID BITCH! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU" he roared and threw a punch to your face. You clutched your nose that started to pour blood and backed away. "Useless whore, can't do anything right" he mumbled and threw an agonizing punch to your stomach. He then took the bottle and smashed it on your head.

That's when you woke up. You sniffled, hiccuped and felt the top of your head where there was still a scar from the bottle. You wiped away the tears on your face but fresh ones just streamed down so you didn't bother. You reached over to the edge of the tub for the razor, took out the blade and sat back against the wall. You rolled up your sleeves and sobbed. You'd been clean for 2 weeks, James would be so angry at you, you thought, but you thought you needed this.

"I'm sorry Jamie" you whispered and glided the blade across your already scarred wrist. You gasped at the sting, then let out a sob. You threw the blade across the floor and buried your head in your knees. You pulled on your hair and sobbed, not caring about being quiet anymore. "Y/N?" James voice sounded from the other side of the door. "Y/N let me in baby, I know what you're doing, I'm here baby, please let me in" he pleaded sounding desperate.

You didn't care if he was mad at you anymore, so you flung the door open and clung onto him for dear life. You gripped onto him and sobbed your heart out into his shoulder. He held you tight in his arms and stroked your hair. "Shhh, it's okay, you're okay, I'm here now". He let you cry onto his shoulder, fully aware of your blood staining his shirt.

Once you had calmed down and your sobs died down to sniffles, he led you to the sink and sat you on the counter. Gently, he wiped your face and kissed your nose lovingly. "I know what you're thinking angel, I'm not angry at you, nor disappointed, you were just lost. Can you tell me what happened baby?"

"It-it was him, h-he smashed a bo-bottle over m-my head" you hiccuped and buried your face in his neck. He knew all about your douchebag ex of course, and was livid that he broke you like this. James picked your chin up and placed a tender kiss onto your lips. He wiped away your tears again, then picked your wrist up.

He gently moved it under the sink and washed away the blood, then bandaged it up, it was only 1 cut you made so it wasn't that serious. Then he took off his shirt which had a blood stain on the shoulder and put it in the laundry basket. "I'm sor-" James cut you off with a kiss before you could finish. "It's okay darling, everything is okay."

You nodded, sniffled then kissed him again. He picked you up and carried you out to the bed to lay you down. Then, James pulled you onto his chest and combed his fingers through your hair. "Sleep my angel, everything will be better tomorrow my love, I love you so so much, you mean everything to me baby, I always going to be here for you." "Thank you Jamie, for everything, I love you so much, and thank you for protecting me" you whispered as you held on tighter, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

He placed a kiss on your head and fell asleep, with you safely in his arms.