Almost successful attempt - James

Request for ❤❤
.
TRIGGER WARNING: attempt s*icide, self harm
.
The thoughts clouded around you as you held the blade in your hand, bottle of pills at you feet, next to a bottle of booze. Drops of blood dripped down onto the floor from the cuts you had made seconds ago. Silent tears streamed down your face but you made no move to wipe them. You didn't know why you were suddenly in such a dark place. You just were. Your mind told you to reach over to the bottle of pills so you did, spilling the contents into your hand. You counted 12 pills, then shakily brought them up to your lips and downed them with the alcohol.

This was it. That's what your mind told you. You started to feel a bit dizzy so you took your blade and made a few more cuts for the hell of it. Your breath was shaky and beads of sweat formed on your forehead. You were gonna close your eyes and give up but something in the very back of your mind told you to hold on. Or someone. It was James's voice. You remembered the countless times he told you he loved and valued you like no other.

It was his voice telling you to hold on, because he wouldn't be able to live without you. Hating your thoughts, you weakly reached out for your phone and dialed 911. "Hello? What's your emergency?" "I ne-need an am-ambulance. I overdosed o-on pills and al-alcohol" Your head was spinning. The words were getting jumbled together but you managed to tell them your address.

You tried to stay awake. You really did. You were holding on, just like James' voice told you to. But you didn't know how longer you could do it. Dots started to swarm your vision, your breathing sped up and became ragged and eventually, you passed out.

You faintly heard a steady beeping, like a monitor and heard muffled voices. Your head was pounding and you felt sick. After a while, you managed to open your eyes and squinted from the bright lights. You looked around and it took you a bit to make sense of your surroundings. You were hooked up to some machines and the heart monitor was steadily beeping. Your body hurt everywhere. You tried to sit up but let out a groan.

"Y/N? Darling?" a voice asked and you turned your head around. James was sitting on the chair in the corner of the hospital room but as soon as he heard you groan, he woke up and was making his way over to you. He cupped your face gently and placed a loving kiss on your forehead. "How are you feeling my love?" "Like shit" you said rubbing your head, receiving a small chuckle from him.

"How long have I been out?" you asked timidly and he sighed. "Three days, from the medication they put you on. You gave me the scare of my life doll" "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I don't know what happened, I just spiraled" you started but he quickly stopped you. "You don't have to explain yourself to me darling, you can't control it, but please next time call me if I'm busy and I'll drop everything for you" he said with a small smile and kissed you.

You just nodded, not having the energy to reply. "Lay with me" you whispered and he gently helped you move over and climbed into the hospital bed with you, careful not to touch any of the wires. "They had to pump your stomach, and clean your cuts. Then they gave you a higher dose of painkillers so you could rest" he informed you and you snuggled further into his arms.

He immediately wrapped his arms tighter around you, as if afraid you were going to escape. "We need to get you professional help darling, I know its hard and you've been doing better for a while but clearly I can't tackle the core problem. Please?" he asked hopefully. You thought it over and nodded, not wanting to inflict any more pain onto him and he smiled, kissing you with such passion that it made you melt into him, feeling nothing but love.

"I'll be with you every step of the way love, I promise"