BSM - they find out about your eating disorder

Request for Gallys__eyebrows 😊😊😊
.
TRIGGER WARNING: anorexia, bulimia
.
(For this imagine let's pretend the wizarding world have all the technology that we have and social media and stuff like that)
.
It was currently 12am and you had just snuck into the kitchen using the invisibility cloak you had borrowed from Harry and the Marauder's map. You reached for 2 plain bagels and a small cup of apple juice, then made your way back to the common room, narrowly avoiding Mrs. Norris.

You usually snuck down and got your dinner at this time because no one was ever around to see you eat since everyone was asleep, so it was the perfect time because you could eat at your own pace and no one would complain about why you take so long to swallow your food.

You retrieved your tablet from the sofa and sat down, set the food on your table and opened YouTube. You searched up "eat with me" videos and found one with sugary food, like you always did. In your mind, if someone could eat sugary foods and be beautiful then you could too. To some that might sound weird but everyone has different ways of recovery, and this just happens to be yours.

It was a hard road, you dealt with the anorexia and bulimia alone for 2 years, without anyone finding out and you were going to keep it like that. However after you fainted once in the bathroom, you realized that if you faint again around other people, they would find out, so it drove you to start recovery. So far, you could eat plain foods with the help of 'eat with me' videos without feeling guilty afterwards. To others it might not seem much but for you, it was a huge accomplishment and you were quite pleased with your progress.

You pressed play on the video you hand chosen and held the plain bagel you took (stole) in your hand. As the girl in the video took the first bite, you also took your small first bite, then you paused the video, took your time to chew then swallowed the piece of food. It continued like this until you were 1/3 of the way through the bagel. You looked at the time and saw it took you 20 minutes, which was an improvement from last night, where it took you 25 minutes and you were pleasantly surprised.

You were about to press play and take another bite when you heard your name from behind you. "Y/N? What are you doing?" Fred asked, confused to see why his sister was up and eating a bagel at 12.30am. You quickly switched your tablet off, hoping they didn't see the video and turned around, trying your best to stay calm. "I could ask you two the same thing" you said, eyebrows raised when you noticed them carrying a case.

George followed your gaze and quickly put the case down behind the sofa. "None of your concern little sister, now what on earth are you doing, and why'd you turn the tablet off?" George asked again, neither of them putting the pieces together. They both sat down on either side of you and you knew there was no getting out of this so you sighed, slowly turned on your tablet so they could see the video.

They examined it while you sat there, picking at the carpet, not wanting to meet their eyes, tears forming in your own. You felt a hand on your back, followed by a soft but stern voice. "Hey, look at me Y/N". You forced yourself to look up at Fred and cursed yourself when a tear dripped down your cheek. He just wiped it away gently with his thumb while George rubbed your back.

"How long has this been going on little one?" he asked. You could tell he was extremely worried even though he was trying to stay calm and it honestly worried you too, considering you've never seen them this concerned and serious before. "2 years of eating disorder and 4 months of recovery" you mumbled, eyes looking down at the floor again.

"Why didn't you ask for help? Or why didn't you feel comfortable asking for help?" George asked, brushing a strand of hair out of your face. "I didn't feel like I deserved it, I saw how skinny Ginny and Hermione was, and I wanted to be like them, because that's all I saw on social media" you explained, surprising yourself with how much you revealed, but you were the closest to them out of all your siblings despite them being in the 6th year and you being in the 2nd.

You felt Fred lift you up and place you in his lap as George moved to sit opposite you. "Hey listen to us okay? You don't need to look like them, because you're you. If everyone was like Hermione we wouldn't even need school anymore. You're alright the way you are, all those people on social media you see with hourglass figures, a lot of the time it's the lighting, the poses, even plastic surgery sometimes and I'm not saying that's bad, I'm saying not everything you see is real" he said, wiping another tear from your face.

"Also, being beautiful isn't about being skinny, everyone is beautiful, it's about being confident in your own skin. It's going to take time to get there, we know, but we're going to be here for you okay?" Fred added and wrapped his arms around you. "Now let's finish those bagels together okay?" he said, using accio to conjure a bagel for both him and George. "What? You're not the only one rummaging in the kitchen? We taught you that. And if you leave your food out people take it. " George defended when you raised your eyebrow to question why a bagel just came out from a bag hidden in a bookshelf compartment.

Still sitting on Fred's lap, he turned you so you could face both him and George. "Okay, our first bite" Fred said and both the twins took a small bite out of the bagel, encouraging you to do the same and you did. It was a slow process but you had finally finished your bagel after 45 minutes. "You did it little prankster" Fred said ruffling your hair. "Do you want to finish the other one?" George asked, holding up the other bagel you took and you nodded, making the twins smile widely.

They repeated the process with you and by the time you finished, it was almost 2am. "You did it" George said, both of them smiling at you, face filled with pride. It was still going to be a long journey until you fully recovered but it won't be as tedious how when you have your two prank masters to help you along the way.