You're pregnant with a 2nd child - James

Request for 🥰🥰🥰🥰
.
TRIGGER WARNING: none
.
You just came back from the store with your daughter Cory. You had been feeling sick in the mornings lately and so you decided to get 3 pregnancy tests to be sure. "Mommy has to go to the bathroom okay? Can you okay by yourself for a little?" you asked the 5 year old and she happily nodded.

You went and did your business then set a timer for the test, then sat and waited. Your mind wandered to how he would react. You knew it wasn't going to be a bad reaction because you two had been talking about having another kid for a while. Then you thought about how you would break the news to him.

Before you could think of something, the alarm snapped you out of it. You braced yourself and looked at the counter to that all 3 tests had 3 red lines on it. Your eyes teared up and you looked down at your belly. "Hi little one, we can't wait to meet you" you whispered and tidied up but kept 1 test to show James.

"Cory, can you come here for a minute baby?" you called and you heard little foot steps padding through the house. "Yes mama?" she asked. You picked her up and sat down on a chair with her in your lap. "How would you want to be a big sister?" "I get to be a big sister?" she asked sweetly and you nodded, smiling at her, hoping that she wouldn't throw a tantrum.

"I wanna be sisterrrr, I wanna have little brother or sister!!" she squealed excitedly and hugged you. Well that's one less thing to worry about. "Now we need to tell papa, listen to mommy okay?" you said and she nodded, listening intently. "So when papa gets home, you're going to go to him holding this," you showed her the pregnancy test "and you're going to say-" "I'M GONNA BE A BIG SISTER" she squealed before you even finished and giggled excitedly, causing you to laugh along.

"Yes baby, exactly that" you confirmed and the two of you lounged around the house until James got back. As soon as you heard the door click, you ushered Cory into the bedroom with you and closed the door. "Darling I'm home" James called out but heard no response. You then let Cory out so she could come up behind him. "Papa," she said, tugging on his pant leg. "Hello princess" he smiled and kissed her head. "What are you up to? " he asked. "I'm gonna be a big sister papa" she squealed and James froze.

"Can you say that again princess?" "I'm gonna be a big sister" Cory confirmed, showing him the pregnancy test just as you opened the door to make your presence known. James took the test and looked at it, then turned around to meet your eyes. "We're gonna have another one?" he asked with tears welling up in his eyes, causing yours to do the same. "Yeah," you confirmed, "we're having another one" you said and he wasted no time in rushing over to you to pick you up and spin you around.

"This is incredible!" he said and kissed you with so much passion you felt like you could pass out right then and there. You broke apart to catch your breath and looked over to see Cory smiling up at you. You motioned for her to come over then James picked her up to join your hug. "The most amazing family I could have ever asked for" James said out loud and you couldn't agree more.