BSM - you have Coliac disease

Request for elleforeverxox 🥰🥰🥰
.
I'm so very sorry for the super long wait😭😭
.
TRIGGER WARNING: none?
.
Coeliac disease was something that ran in your family. Your grandmother had it and so does your uncle. It skipped your mother but unfortunately you got it, which made your life that much harder.

Especially in school. Everyone knows teenagers are often the most insecure so they go around putting other people down in order to feel better about themselves and of course, you were also a victim of this meaningless bullying. Since you couldn't tolerate gluten, you brought your own lunch instead of having school lunches just to be on the safe side, to avoid any of the side effects.

At first, people didn't notice, but of course someone had to be nosy and noticed you weren't eating any food that contained gluten, so they asked you about it. You being you and wanting to educate more people about it, you told them but that was where everything went downhill.

Teenagers are quite mean so naturally, the "popular" kids picked on you for it and it progressively got worse. At first it was only remarks here and there but then it progressed to then shoving you in the halls, taking your epi pens and hiding them or even go as far as you hiding carbs in your food when you weren't paying attention. That caused you to have a pretty nasty reaction where you were incredibly lucky the nurse had epi pens.

Of course you never told anyone because you didn't want the bullying to get any worse, which is what usually happens when kids tell teachers so you just put up with it, slowly hating yourself more and more for the celiac, becoming more insecure with it, to the point where you wouldn't even eat anything if you were at someone else's house that wasn't a family member.

So of course currently, you were with your family at a get together of your mum's friend and her family. You were seated in between your two brothers (who could eat anything they wanted) while you sat there staring at the pieces of beef on your plate. Everyone else had plates filled with lasagna while you had steak, which meant that your mum had ordered a gluten free course for you. You felt bad that the family had to go through the extra effort to make your meals (which wasn't the case at all) and you for some reason felt embarrassed eating it.

You prayed that no one had noticed you weren't eating and everyone was too busy talking to notice your plate was full but of course, James and Oliver being the annoyingly protective brothers they are, noticed quite quickly.

"Hey, why aren't you eating" James asked, shoving another spoon of lasagna into his mouth. You rolled your eyes and mumbled a quick "I'm not hungry". "You have to be, you haven't taken a bite all evening. We thought you were just waiting for the main course, like you usually do" Oliver said, him and James looking at each other confused.

"I'm just not hungry" you huffed and leaned back agaisnt the chair, not wanting to continue the conversation but of course, they had to be annoying and sense that something was wrong. Oliver nudged you and took your hand, leading you out of the hall with James following behind. Once they got out to the garden, you took a seat on the swings, James doing the same and Oliver standing opposite you.

"What's wrong" they asked in unsion but you just shook your head, not wanting to tell them and of course, them being them, they were determined to find out what was wrong with their little sister.

"Y/N, what's going on?" James asked again, poking you. You didn't answer so he kept poking you and asking, which annoyed you immensely so you decided to tell him to shut him up.

"I hate the celiac" you grumbled, pushing his hand away. "What? You've only ever said its inconvenient, but never that you hate it" Oliver stated, both of them still oblivious. They both kept staring at you so you rolled your eyes. "You're both really annoying you know? I get bullied for it at school, the pick on me, hide my EpiPens and try to sneak carbs into my food" you said and slapped James's hand away when he was about to poke you again.

"We may be annoying but hey, we got you to talk" James said and you felt yourself smiling. "You said they snuck carbs into your food?" Oliver asked, back tracking on what you said. "Yeah, I got a reaction, the nurse thankfully had an epi". "Wait wait hold on, you could've died if they didn't have EpiPens?" James asked but this time, instead of concerned, they were both pissed. You just nodded, knowing that the students and school were about to be in serious trouble.

"We'll tell mum and deal with the lawsuits" James said and winked, causing you and Oliver to chuckle. "Do you want to continue eating out here? I'll bring the food" Ollie asked and you nodded. "There's nothing to be ashamed of you know, you can't control it, and I know you think it's inconvenient to cook a whole other meal for you but it's really not" the younger twin reassured.

Oliver returned and handed you your food. "Eat up love" he said and the three of you enjoyed your meals, your insecurity temporarily forgotten.