CHAPTER 56

MBUSO.

#NotEdited

I stand and watch all the women in this house. They are laughing and talking, playing with the kids. Luh keeps squeezing her hand like it’s cramping and she has this worries look in her face and I hate it. I really wanted to kill Preston but I didn’t want to cause I didn’t want to bring that negative energy around them. Tomorrow I’m planning to take away all of them to our holiday house that I brought. Luh doesn’t know about it cause I bought while she was in a coma. I want to forget about everything that happened and just celebrate my kids. She looks up and see me then she smiles. How does she do that when she has been through so much in the last few weeks. Luh humbles me as to how string she is. She doesn’t let anything n get her down. She always rises up no matter how many times she falls.

I walk in, they get quiet. My mother looks like she wants to talk but I give her the look of ( you better not say a word to me. ). I stand beside her and she looks at me. Her brows furrow then she gets up and palms my face. I look at her and I feel this need to hold her tight to me. I pull her close, wrap my arms around her and bury my head on her neck and breath out. I hug her tight and she doesn’t say anything and just holds me. Tears cloud my eyes and I feel my shoulders shake., I don’t care that they are here and watching me. I just want to be weak and fall apart on my wife’s arms. I shut my eyes tight and let my tears fall. She brushes my back and tells me that she’s fine and she’s not going to leave me.

I believe her but I am still scared. Seeing my brother so broken by our mother just because she hates the woman he loves made me look at her differently but I know dad will talk to her and she comes back to her senses and realise that simphiwe is the woman he loves. “ I love you. You are the best thing that has ever happened in my life. You are the everything to me and I want you to always know that no one comes before you and our kids. I will walk the ends of the earth to give you everything you want and need. Thank you for being the wonderful woman you are. You are a great wife and an amazing mother. ” I kiss her nape and she sighs. “ did you let it all out? ” I nod. “ I feel better baby. Thank you.” She pulls away and kisses my while face. I smile.

“ Sorry to disturb you guys. I just wanted to be a big baby. ” they laugh. “ you guys are amazing together. I have never seen the kind of love and bond you too share. It’s ai beautiful. ” lesego says and luh blushes. “ thank you sister in law ” she laughs and sims sigh. “ you are the only woman for my brother sims. Don’t forget that or let anyone take away your happiness…. . ” the kitchen door opens and I see my dad walking in. He looks off. I cock my head and look at him. Victor and Mapholoba walk in too like they are in a hurry and they have worried expressions on their faces. “ what’s going on?. Did thembi and Preston escape? ”

My dad walks on my side and looks at the kids. He smiles but his smile is sad. The last time I saw this look was when his dad died. He brushes their cheeks and the kids smile. “ baba? ” he looks at luh, sims, lesego, luh's aunt then Celeste and nonto. “ can all of you help luh pack up and go to her fathers house, all of you go there and take all the kids and their clothes and yours too. There’s something we have to do in the house and we forgot to do it before we brought the kids and it is going to take some time” Okay that’s a lie and I know something is very wrong. He sounds distant and cold like it’s not him who’s talking. Luh looks at me worriedly and I nod. Sims and lesego take the twins and leave the kitchen. “ baba can I stay? ” my dad looks at her and seems to think.

“ no khanyo. I will call you when we are done. Okay? ”

“ yebo baba. ” she says then looks at me and I know she’s worried too.

“ thank you for loving son and giving me beautiful grand kids. ” she smiles and nods then leaves. My mom stand to follow luh but fad gives her a very menacing look. “ you sit down. ” she looks at him shocked and I am too cause I have never heard dad talk to her that way. I take the phone and tell the security guys to take the women to luh’s parents house and guard them. I look at my father in law and Victor and they are worried. Now I’m not so sure cause I thought that this was about sima and bonga but now I have no idea what is going on. He sits down and looks at my mom until she begins to fidget. We are all standing in complete silence until the women leave with the kids.