CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4.

Here I am at the court room with both my parents, younger brother and sister cousin, my uncle and his wife then Mbuso with his parents and other family members. I can't believe I'm getting married and never have I ever thought that it will be in a court room full of strangers and worse I'm getting married to a man I've only met once, I don't know him and do not love.

Tears have been falling non stop since the weekend because my mother blamed me for buhle's disappearance and when Mbuso said he didn't hear the phone because we were " Sleeping " When mbuso and hi s family left and I got into the house I was met by a fist from my father when my mom told her that I had already slept with umbuso. They didn't even let me explain what really happened and I still have a black eye from my father.

When Mbuso and his family saw me they were shocked. I tried to cover the bruise but it wouldn't let me... Being a yellow bone sucks sometimes. I wipe my face as the judge is busy talking about marriage and all you can feel in the atmosphere is tension. Some of the people are happy but my parents, me and this man standing next to me we are not. I can feel his anger, hatred and all of that is directed to me. I can't believe my parents decided to sacrifice me just so their precious name won't be dragged through the mud.

Judge:" Please face each other and repeat after me.... Look at each other " We face each other, I lift my head then look straight in his eyes and I see annoyance

Judge:" Now since you don't have any vows you wrote for yourselves, please repeat after me"

Mbuso:" Can you skip all of that and just go to the part where we say I do" I hear my cousin gasp in shock but I'm not shocked at all.

Judge:" Lungi Mazibuko are you here at your own free will and no one is forcing you to be here to marry this man. If so say yes and if not say no". The temperature in the room changes to like zero degrees despite that it's summer. I think about what the judge says and 100℅ part of me doesn't want this at all but my family didn't ask for this too.

Me:" I am here on my own free will" I answer and hear loud sighs and he asks mbuso the same question and also gives the same answer I did.

Judge:" If there is anyone here who doesn't wish these two to get married speak now or forever hold your peace" I look at my dad begging him one last time but he doesn't say anything just looks at me with no emotion whatsoever.

Judge:" Please take her hands and repeat after me " My hands were tucked under my arms coz I'm so cold and shaking so I pull them out and he takes them and I get shocked to feel that they are so warm. I thought they would be cold just like how he looks.

Judge:" Do you Mbusowezwe Gumede take uLungile Mazibuko to be your wedded wife. To love and to cherish. In sickness and in health. In good times and in bad times. For richer and for poor. Till death do you apart? "

Mbuso:" I do ". He doesn't even hesitate but answers looking at me like he's bored.

Judge:" Do you Lungile Mazibuko take Mbusowezwe Gumede to be your husband. To love and to hold. In sickness and in health. In good times and in bad times. For richer and for poorer. Till death do you apart" I'm literally shaking like I'm going faint.

Me:"I...I... I do" I say mbuso holds my hands tight .

Judge:" I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your wife" I know he's not going to kiss me but I'm wrong. He brings my body close to his, puts his hands on my face and kissss me but I don't kiss him back coz my mouth is closed but then he bites me and I gasp then he takes that opportunity to get his tongue in me and forces me to reciprocate. His kiss is hard but his lips are so soft and I almost moan but then he stops. I hear giggles and I get so embarrassed