CHAPTER 5.

CHAPTER 5.

His back is full of scratches....nail scratches that can you only get from a woman who has long nails during sex...oh wow I did suspect but seeing the evidence that he came home late because he was fucking someone...kinda hurt a little. Here I am married to him, my life has changed but for him it seems as if nothing has changed on his side.

He plates for himself, sits down, eats and totally ignores me. I guess that kiss was for show. I make an orange juice, have scrambled eggs, bacon, bread and eat. The same door we came in yesterday opens then I see his brothers and parents walking in. I get up so fast from the chair the realize my head is not covered but at least I'm wearing a dress...it should count for something.

Me:" Good morning baba nomama, sanibonani bobhuti" The brothers greet back

Father in-laws:" Makoti wami omuhle unjani" ( my beautiful makoti how are you)
Me:" Ngiyaphila baba wena? " ( I'm good dad and you)

Him:" I will be once I eat"

Mother in-law:" Your dad is always grumpy in the morning. How are you makoti, we thought you might be still sleeping " She comes and hugs me and hugs mbuso too and they all sit down.

Me:" I was hungry ma that's why I woke up early " Well it is the truth and I also didn't want mbuso to wake up before me. Mbuso, his dad and brothers talk about work. I take the dishes and put them in front of everyone.

Me:" What can I dish up for you baba?"

Him:" Everything that's here makoti" I do

MaGumede:" I'll dish for myself, sit down makoti and these two will dish for themselves " I sit down and we eat.

Mbuso:" Baba I thought I asked you to give us space but you're all here, why?" The whole table gets quiet

Gumede:" We're all here because I wanted to talk to you about something before we leave for Cape Town with your mom. We're taking a mini holiday and mbuso you will not tell me when or when not can I come to my sons house siyezwana?! "

Mbuso:" Yebo baba, I was just asking " He says then stands up, turns his back and goes to open the fridge and everyone's eyes are on his back then his brothers look at me like oh I know what you did last night, his mom gasps and his dad looks at me.... Looks at my hands especially my nails and I know he knows. I quickly put then on my lap under the table and look down. I can feel my face heating up turning red because of the embarrassment. Mbuso pours himself some apple juice and notices that everyone is silent watching him. He sits down slowly looking at his dad then at his brothers who are laughing.

Him:" What are you two clowns laughing at " It's either mbuso doesn't know what his back looks like, or may be he forgot or he simply doesn't care.

Gumede:" My daughter in-law, did you sleep well last night" Oh God

Me:"I did baba"

Gumede:" Hmmm. Can you please pour me coffee" What?, I stand up and take the fresh brewing coffee from the machine and pour it for him. I'm standing next to him and he's looking at my hands.... Oh mbuso!

Gumede:" Add the creamer only 2 teaspoons " I add and stir. Iook at mbuso and he looks confused at his dad and his mom continues to drink her tea looking down.

Me:" Can I be excused? "

Gumede:" Sit down and finish your breakfast" This man's big voice is so scary. I sit my ass down.

Mbuso:" Baba is something wrong....did lungi do something wrong? " His mother shakes her head looking at him

Her:" You are a very smart man but sometimes you can be stupid mbuso yoh! "