CHAPTER 12

My bladder is full and I feel pressed, i remeber that I fainted. I can't believe my uncle...he's not even my uncle. I can't believe he and them burnt my mother's body to ashes. I wanted the man I was going to marry to be just like him because i thought he was an honest, loving man and like a father to me. I open my eyes and see that i am in our bedroom...yeah right there's nothing of mine here.

Voice:" Mrs gumede finally you're awake " When did he get here

Me:" Doctor Tambo. How did you get here? "

Doctor:" well your husband sent his men to come and get me " I Iook around and see that my dad, brother, mbuso, sims and victor are all here.

Me:" uncle what happend after you left us in the fire? "

Mbuso:" doc can you give us a few minutes, simphiwe can you go and make him some coffee? "

Sims:" follow me yummy doc " she takes his hand and they leave

Victor:" my brother told me to make sure the house is burnt down with all of you inside and they left. I went upstairs and took you and your brother out of the house then your dad and your mother's body. I put you in my car and and wrapped your mothers body in plastic and duck tape and put her in the boot of the car then took sicelo too because he was still breathing and then I called the police and ambulance for your father and left. I dropped sicelo at a hospital and drove off "

Me:" what did you do to my mother's body "

Victor:" I had heard thuli say she lived in Ladysmith and her in-laws lived there so I drove there the whole night with you crying and when I got to ladysmith I saw there was a livestock farm and so I stopped the car and took out my shovel and dug a grave for your mother and buried her there because I had hoped someone will find her and notify the police and then we left "

Me:" dad did you find mom's grave? "

Dad:" after i saw victor he took us there, we first got lost because he couldn't remember then after 8 hours we finally found it and she was buried at another farm from a family we knew. We dug her grave and gave her a proper goodbye, she's buried at our family plot and we'll take you there ".

Me:" how did I end up staying with them and not you? "

Victor:" my girlfriend then, helped me raise you and you stayed with her for two years then one day I went to visit you guys and my brother followed me because after what happend to your family I stayed away from them. when I got into the house a few minutes later he got in and when he saw you, he wanted to kill you because he thought you were dead but I begged him and told him you're still a child and wouldn't remember and it was either I let you live with them so they can watch you or kill you and I couldn't let that happen and so he took you "

Me:" uncle I need some time to process this because I don't know what to feel "

Victor:" I undestand lungi. I hope that one day you will forgive me for what I did to you and you're family " he says

Mbuso:" please tell the doctor to come "

Uncle:" I will. Zakes we will talk " they shake hands and he leaves.

Dad:" how are you feeling "

Me:" It's alot to take in " the doctor gets in smiling and i bet that smile has sims all over it

Mbuso:" Doctor for the last time, what's wrong with her? " I get up before the doctor answers and run to the bathroom and throw up nothing because I had not eaten anything. I feel tired and I'm exhausted. I feel mbuso brushing my back remaining quiet. I'm so scared of telling him that i'm expecting his baby because I don't know how he's going to react.