CHAPTER 97

LUNGI.

The ambulance came and they took her to the hospital. Aunty, mbuso and his dad. They came back 2 hours later and they said the doctor told them to come back tomorrow morning to get the Post-mortem and the death certificate. We had to call the other extended family members and the house is full. Baba went to the other bedroom and locked himself there. The elders told us to give him space. I am so tired and I want to sleep.

My husband takes my hand and we walk to our bedroom. We undress then get in bed and he spoons me.

“ are you sleeping love?. ”

“ I’m tired baby. You want us to talk?.” He nods. I turn and face him.

“ Mr Bloom decided that he’s going to bury his wife and Angels back in London. He said that’s what they talked about if it happened that she died and also he feels like South Africa took them away from him. Busani wanted them buried here and we tried to talk to him but he wouldn’t listen. Busani, Asanda, Lumka and Amanda’s mother with Mabutho will be flying back to London with them. The funeral will be on Monday.”

“ So we have to leave tomorrow too with them.”

“ Sbu offered us their family plane. We will. Fly back again tomorrow after the funeral.”

“ and your uncle?. ”

“ Mbuyiselo called me when we were in hospital and said his wife decided that he will be hurried in Thursday. So they come here for Mah's funeral on Saturday.”

“ This is really a dark time for this family. So many people lost on one night?. ”

“ I know baby. I kind of feel responsible for Angela’s death you know. If I didn’t fly them here then she would still be alive. She wouldn’t be dead.”

“ No you’re wrong. You asked them to leave her behind and Owami being her took her daughter by force. Her death is not on you okay?. ”

“ ok love.”

“ I’m must worried about how sims is going to take it.”

“ She’ll be fine baby. How did you get here?. ”

I tell him everything that happened and what gogo xulu told me to do. I am still wrapping my head around the whole thing.

“ Thank God you were there love. You really are the glue of this family. ”

“ I’m tired of all the bad things that are happening. I really am. I am literally exhausted. ”

“ after all the funerals. I am taking you and our kids on a holiday. We really need it. ”

“ can we bring the nannies?. ”

“ Or we can send sis nonto to your dads house with the nannies so they can play grandma and grandpa.” he says.

“ I like that idea and it will force them to finally talk.” I can’t wait for that.

“ And the boys can enjoy being in the farm. They love it there.”

“ I’m going to miss her.” I yawn.

“ me too love. Sleep baby tomorrow we have a long day too.”

One Week Later.

The last week was one of the hardest and longest weeks of our lives. Baba left after being cleansed and no one seems to know where he is but one know my husband knows where his father is at. Sims didn’t react the way we thought she would. It was just us three when she said she’s not sad that the old died. She hated sims for no apparent reason and only apologized when her secret was exposed. I was shocked but I understood where she was coming from and I don’t blame her cause that is the truth. I could have told that had Mah died in my house she would have lost the baby but I didn’t. I didn’t want her to feel bad and think many things and it didn’t matter anymore.