CHAPTER 70

BONGA.

“ Where is sebenzile?.” My god. He’s asking about our mom?.

“ There she is. What’s going on bab' uZikalala?.” I point at our mother and she looks scared.

My mother hides behind my dad. Why is she hiding herself and who is this man?. I look at mabutho and he’s still shaking his head.

“ For the love of God what the hell is going on here?!.”

“ Stop hiding behind your husband dear sister!. ” my  mouth hangs open. Everyone gasps.

“ What?. She’s your sister and… ”

“ I’m your uncle. Your mother’s brother. We all came out of the same womb.” He’s looking at our mother disgusted.

“ Baba? Ma?! Is this true?. ”

My father shifts and faces my mother who’s looking down.

“ look at me sebenzile!.” My dad says with a firm voice. My mom cries.

“ for once in your life just face us and tell us the truth ma!.” Zipho almost yells.

“ This is not the place to be talking about all of this here.” Luh says sitting down.

“ she’s right. Baby did you manage to find a house?.”

“ I managed to find a 5 bedroom house only. I’ll keep looking.”

“ it’s fine baby. Let’s all leave.”

“ I’m staying. I’m not leaving him here alone. I won’t.”.

“ Luh please you need to rest.”

“ I can’t bonga I can’t. He’s in ICU don’t you get it?!. What if I leave and he dies huh?. What if he wakes up and I’m not there? No!.”

Sbu gets up and walks to her.

“ I will stay with him luh. If anything happens I’ll call you. Please go and get some rest.”

“ like how you did when he got into an accident?.” Sbu heavens a sigh.

“ I was scared to call luh and tell you your husband has been in an accident. I didn’t know how to tell you.” Luh cries.

“ I’m sorry sbu I’m scared. I really am.” He clasps her tightly in his arms and cradles her head.

“ I’m sorry. I should have stopped him. I’m really sorry luh.” He keeps apologizing to her.

“ please go and get some rest even if it’s just three hours then come back.” He pleads with her.

“ I won’t be able to sleep I know I won’t.”

She is right. There’s no way she is going to be able to sleep in this kind of situation. I have to find the doctor and ask her to sedate luh.

I see her going out of some room and I walk to her.

“ Doc?.”

“ Yes sir. What can I help you with?.”

“ I’m worried about my sister in law luh. Can you maybe give her something to make her sleep just for a few hours?.”

“ I’m worried about her too. Is she pregnant?”

“ Uhmm I don’t know.” I doubt she is

“ ok I’ll come and give her something that won’t harm her in any way.”

“ thanks doc.” I walk back and luh is still crying. The doctor comes back and walks to luh.

“ Mrs gumede, please drink this, it will calm your nerves down.”