CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 7

I hear a sound that keeps on beeping then I  breathe in and that smell hits me and I realise that I'm in a hospital. What am I doing here and how did I get here?.....then I remember. I was feeling hot and I must have passed out. Thomas is the one who brought me here so I look around expecting to see Mbuso but there is no one I'm alone…as always. I look at myself and see that I'm still wearing my clothes so I get up and take out the drip they have inserted in me then the door opens, a doctor comes in with a nurse.

Him:" Mrs Gumede you're awake, I'm Doctor Tambo. You took out the drip....naughty are we, how are you feeling? " he says looking at a chart and smiling.

Me:“ I feel good....I'm  just tired doctor ”

Doctor:“ for how long have you've been feeling like this? ” he takes that light thing and shines it on my eyes one at a time.

Me:“ I don't know. A month maybe. Is there something wrong with me doc? ” I don't like what I'm feeling now, I'm freaking out. He takes his finger places it on my wrist then feels my heartbeat.

Doctor:“ well how do I put this. You look exhausted like you're stressed, not eating and definitely not sleeping at all. I think your husband should be here before I tell you this ” he says seriously... huh what's going on here?

Me:“ doctor I'll be fine. I've been dealing with something that has been stressing me out but I'll take it easy. You can tell me whatever it is and I'll let my husband know when I get home ”

Doctor:“ but it is important that he is also here he….”

Me:“ Doctor please!. We don't have that kind of marriage with my husband and I seriously doubt he's going to show up here, so please just tell me so I can go home and rest ” I shout and beg him at the same time losing my cool, he's shocked then gives me a sad smile.

Me:“ I'm sorry doc I didn't mean to snap at you” I say covering my face becauseI feel like  everything is getting too much for me.

Doctor:“ It's purely understandable Mrs Gumede for a woman who Is pregnant. Congratulations you are 6 weeks pregnant ” what? No! no! no! no! no!…….I can't be!.

Me:“ No doctor I can't be pregnant…..I'm on birth control! ” tears fall down.

Doctor“ These things happen especially when you are stressed because the stress affects your chemical balance and so any drugs that you take may be affected because of the stress. If God has decided that it's time then it is. Even science can't deny that but you know you have options. I'll prescribe some antibiotics and vitamins for you and refer you to a gynea who will be able to help you should you decide to keep the pregnancy or terminate.” I can't believe I'm actually pregnat. He is going to kill me, he's going to lose it!.

Doctor:“ Mrs gumede are you okay ” he asks concerned

Me:“ I'm….im fine. It's just that I can't believe someone is growing inside of me ” I put my hand on my stomach and I have mixed feelings about this.

Doctor:“ I'm sure you'll make a great mother. You're going to need all the support you can get with whatever decision you decide to make. Remember Mrs gumede no stress please and you lost a huge amount of weight and you need to get it back so you can be able to carry that child. No stress, no lifting of anything heavy. Eat and rest. Here are your discharged forms and the details of the Gynecologist and the medicine you have to get from the chemist, Goodluck.” he then leaves with the nurse following behind him and I'm all alone.

I look at my hand bag and its just next to my bed, I get up and leave the room and see that Thomas is talking on the phone and he doesn't see me so I sneak out, going to the other direction as quickly as possible. I look for my phone, find it then request an uber and within 3 minutes it is here. I get in and decide to book myself into a hotel because I need time to think about what I'm going to do.