Continual Of Chapter 43

LUNGI.

TWO MONTHS LATER.

The last two months have been hectic for us after the wedding cause the next day they held the negotiations and my family accepted the lobola money. I have no idea how much they asked for my hand in marriage but it made me happy that everything went well. The next week we had our traditional wedding and I must say it was the longest day of my life. By the time we were done I was over and done with it cause I was exhausted so you can now call me Mrs Gumede officially traditionally.

Our wedding was really beautiful and seeing mbuso doing his traditional dance was the icing on the cake and on being smeared with the bile and tasting it even though it is bitter and almost made me vomit but other than that everything was just a perfect priceless beautiful moment. There were so many people in our wedding, it was crazy. I have no idea who invited them but the gifts we received were crazy. Well I did my new bride duties at his parents house for a week. Well I wouldn’t call it my “ Makoti ” duties cause all I did was just make them tea and sandwiches. My in-laws didn’t want me to do anything but I did help out in the house when they were not around. I am lucky that I married into a good family cause most people don’t get to have that kind of experience.

I’m 7 months pregnant now and well the secret is out that we are having twins cause Preston blabbermouth told everyone when we were having lunch and mbuso almost killed him literally. I don’t know if it’s the wine he was drinking or maybe he doesn’t know how to keep  things to himself. It made me worried that if he can’t keep such a small thing to himself then what about the other things he has heard and maybe saw in this family?. I hope we won’t regret welcoming him into our family. I wonder if mbuso knows where Preston comes from and why he’s really distanced from his family. .

“ sis luh?, the security says there are cops outside the gate. ” nonto says. Cops?, why are they here and what do they want?.

“ did he call my husband and let him know?”

“ I don’t know. I can ask him though ”

“ uhm I’ll him nonto, tell him to let the police in. We don’t want to keep them waiting  ”

“ ok sis luh. ” I call mbuso.

“ lovey, baby, sweetie, my beautiful wife. Miss me already? ” I giggle

“ I saw you in the morning baby. Mbuso there are cops outside. ”

“ what?, what do they want? ” his tone changes.

“ I don’t know. I told nonto to let them in cause we don’t want to keep them waiting. Where are you? ”

“ you did good. Let them in but don’t say anything. I’ll be there in ten minutes. ”

“ ok. ” I hang up. I wonder what could the police want.

“ sis luh here they are. ” she says behind me.

“ please take a sea…” I say getting up and turning but I don’t get to finish cause I’m shocked as I see the person in front of me. What the hell?.

“ Paul? ” that’s my ex Paul f rom standerton. He’s a cop. He’s with his partner Dumisani. What are they doing here?.

“ hello lungi, wow you’re pregnant? ” he says looking at me shocked then he surprises me and hugs me. I stand there awkward. I don’t return his hug.

“ what are you doing here? ” I ask him and he looks at me and smiles.

“ we are here to ask you some questions. ” says Dumisani.