Chapter 42

LUNGI.

When we got back from my breakfast picnic that my brother made for me, the house was in chaos. I so badly wanted to go to the backyard and see how far they are from finishing but sims and Preston would have none of that. I went to shower and went to do my make up and hair for almost 4 hours and by the time they were done I was over it. The photographer and videographer record everything from the moment I stepped in the house.

Mah came and helped me get in my dress. Whenever she would try to talk tears would just fall down, I told her I know how she feels, she’s proud, maybe scared but for sure happy for me. We shared along tight hug then she left. Mbuso’s mom came too with aunt lwethu and they expressed how happy they are that I’m going to be part of their family and for taming mbuso we laughed. They wished us the best in the journey we are about to take and then she gave something borrowed which was her tiara that she wore when she got married to mbuso’s dad. It’s a vintage tiara and I appreciate it very much. I thank her and they left with tears in her eyes.

I’m standing in front of the mirror watching myself and I look like a completely different person. I have never seen myself looking this beautiful. The makeup artist Preston found did an amazing job. He didn’t put too much make up but enhanced my natural beauty. Mbuso won’t know what hit him when I walk down the isle and he better cry.

Sibusiso is a God sent because the designer he knows from Durban came prepared like he has clothes for plus size women too and I was so happy because everyone, including the dads got something to wear. He said he had to pull some strings when he heard that the bride is pregnant to get a dress and Oh my God it is beautiful and I couldn’t be more happier. I did let the designer who is making my dress that I’m getting married but he shouldn’t worry cause I am still going to need his services and he understood. I can’t believe I’m really getting married to the man of my dreams.. I’m finally marrying this man that I love very much.

The girls are all looking amazing with their bridesmaid dresses even Preston but I haven’t seen that men at all and I’m wondering how they actually look. Sims has been a mess crying non stop making me cry too. She gave me something blue for me to wear and it is a blue lace garter and it fits me perfectly. We held each other and cried tears of joy. The make-up artist finally had enough of us crying and kicked sims out. It was so funny.

Someone knocks on the door. “ Come in ” I say it’s uncle Victor. He looks so handsome with his champagne suit and cream shirt. He looks at my bridesmaid and they nod, leave to give us some privacy but the videographer and photographer stay behind. He stands next to me and wipes my tears off gently with his handkerchief. “ we don’t want Preston to kill is now do we? ” he says and he sounds and looks so emotional. “ no we don’t. Thank you for being here. ” he smiles takes my hands in his.

“ I am so proud of the woman you have become. Years ago you were just this little baby running around in front of me but look at you now. All grown up, expecting my grandkid and getting married. I knew this day would come and I thought I had prepared myself to let you go but now I’m not sure. ” a tear fall down his cheek.

“ you have been a perfect daughter lungile. You have never given me trouble or well other than that time you got really drunk and wouldn’t leave the club ” we both laugh. “ but you have been a disciplined child and I am proud to call you my daughter. When I told you that time that I knew mbuso is going to choose you I had hope that you guys would really make it and after everything you have been through you did. You two are meant for each other and no one can separate you. When you need me always know that I am here and I will continue to do anything a father does for their kids. Love mbuso, respect him as your husband and the head of his family. When things get tough you ask for a family meeting and not talk to your friends baby about your marriage problems. Watch out for your family and make us proud. Stand your ground and let mbuso or anyone know that they can’t walk all over you. I love you my child and I wish you all the best. ” I hug him tight.