CHAPTER 33

LUNGI.

After taking a shower I go and join mah and Preston, they are having a deep conversation about something and I guess it’s about the wedding cause I don’t hear a word they are saying. I wonder what these two are talking about.

Me:“ what are you two gossiping about? ”

Pres:“ just wedding stuff ” he smiles hmmm

Me:“ I don’t believe you ” I say smiling

Mah:“ ok, we thought you might be having phone sex with your husband to be ” they giggle

Me:“ mah, you can’t say that and we weren’t ”

Pres:“ they why are you sleeping like you have just taken a shower? ”

Me:“ I did cause I was sweaty ”

Mah:“ the way your blushing says otherwise ” I smile and look down cause they don’t wanna know what I was doing to myself… I wonder what mbuso would think if I told him.

Me:“ leave me alone,. Mah I have beeneaning to ask you something ”

Mah:“ go ahead ”

Me:“ why did never get married after the years mom died ”

Mah:“ you’re dad was mess for years and when sicelo came back into our lives again he got so much better and I thought height meet someone serious and get married again but he never did cause he always said your mother is his soulmate ”

Me:“ but he shouldn’t live his life alone mah, he deserves to be loved again. Is he not seeing anyone ” she smiles

Mah:“ no lungi baby I don’t know, would you like him to meet someone? ”

Me:“ yeah I would like to see him have someone in his life who will make him feel loved again ”

Mah:“ your dad is old school luh, where will he meet someone? ”

Me:“ I think I have someone in mind and I’m going to invite them to the wedding ” I say smiling

Pres:“ hmm do you think that’s a good idea? ”

Me:“ I’m just going to invite her and let the rest take care of itself, so mami ”

Mah:“ what is it now ” she asks annoyed then laughs

Me:“ why are you getting annoyed? ” I ask her laughing

Her:“ cause when you call me that you usually want to ask me for a favour and if it includes your dad’s love life count me out ”

Me:“ it’s not about him, it’s actually about you ” she gets quiet

Her:“ what about me? ”

Me:“ well I just wanted to know if you don’t mind me asking, who’s the person  you’re dating ”

Pres:“ uhmm I’m gonna go and make something to snack, you want some luh? ”

Me:“ just water pres ”

Mah:“ sit down Preston ” she says to him with a serious look to her face. “ why is it important to you? ”

Me:“ I’m just curious that’s all ”

Mah:“ does it matter who’s the person I’m dating,? ”

Me:“ no it doesn’t mah, as long as you’re happy ”

Mah:“ I am happy and that’s all that should matter to you, not who he is and what he does ”