Continual Of Chapter 46

SICELO.

The kids have been quiet since they woke up and they are not playing or saying anything. I tried to talk to them and they are just giving me yes and no answers. They must really hate where they live. Even their mother is quiet and she keeps touching her neck. I really don’t like how they are all feeling. If it was up to me, they wouldn’t be going back home at all. But I have to do things properly and it’s only two months left before the school closes and the holidays begin.

I’m driving them back home with Celeste and the guys following me behind. She insisted that she comes. Radio 2000 fills the car with their soothing sounds. I look back and the kids are sleeping. I entwine our hands together and she sighs. “ you could have told me not to take you back home baby. ” she looks at me then looks ahead.

“ we have to go back sicelo. The kids still have school and I have a job waiting for me too. ” she sounds depressed.

“ I know baby but look on the bright side. In two months the school closes for the holidays and that means you and the kids can come and spend all the holidays with me in Durban. ”

“ I know baby. I just wish things were different you know. ” she says.

“ different how lesego? ” she looks at me.

“ I wish we didn’t have to go back. Our kids have never been this happy and now you see how depressed they are because we are going back there. It doesn’t even feel like home anymore. I’m just worried that when we get there, things might be worse for us. ”

“ did you tell them where you are going? ” she shakes her head.

“ I told my youngest sister but I doubt she told them. I didn’t tell them because I was scared that they would demand the money I was saving for the trip and we wouldn’t have met you and… . ”

“ hey, we would have met somehow cause I believe that my ancestors would have made a plan for me to meet their daughter in-law. I’m not going anywhere lesego and your family will know that.” I tell her firmly. We are in Pietermaritzburg now and I think of stopping but I don’t want to wake the kids. I want us to drive straight to Bethlehem and get there.

“ what were you busy with in the morning in your office cause you talked a lot on the phone?. ” so she noticed.

“ I was dealing with work stuff and I talked to mbuso. I wanted to know how everything is going with luh and her pregnancy cause she is still on bed rest. Mbuso is frustrated cause my sister decided to renovate their bedroom and the kitchen. Mbuso hates it when there are strangers in his house.” I chuckle

“ he sounds like he values their privacy. Actually I think all of you do from what I have gathered. ”

“ we do baby. Love, honesty, trust and loyalty. That’s all we want and what I need from you. ” I hope she gets what I’m trying to say.

“ don’t worry baby. I will never share your secrets or family’s secrets and betray all of you. I am a bad liar sicelo so if it does happen that you do something illegal please don’t tell me in case the police come to ask me questions. I have the worst poker face. ” wow she has just surprised me with this.

“ what gives you the idea that maybe one day the police might come and knock at our door? ” she gives me the really look?

“ please sicelo. You have security detail always following us wherever we go like even now. I know Celeste is like your body guard or something and that means there are things she’s going to do for you. You are rich sicelo and rich people always have enemies. ” I squeeze her hand.