CHAPTER 77

MBUSO.

We have arrived at the hospital and we are waiting for my doctor who is finishing her surgery. Luh has her face hidden in my chest. I know she's worried that the doctor is really going to tell us that we lost our child. I do wish a miracle can happen right now and they will tell us that she's didn't have a miscarriage but deep down I know it's not possible. To think she was carying my princess who looked exactly like her mom was unbelievable but I do hope when we get pregnant again we will have girls.

The doctor comes out and she looks at us surprised and walks to us.

" I didn't think you were going to show up. I am glad you have though. Uhm nurse please take them to a room. I am going to change please follow her." We get up and follow the nurse to the room then she begins taking stuff out. The doctor comes in.

" Mr gumede please wear this so we can go and do a full body scan. From your head to your body. I'm very concerned that you just up and left sir. You could have hurt yourself but they way look, it seems as if everything is alright but I still have to be a hundred percent sure." she talks too much.

" Doctor can you get us a gynaecologist ." she looks at my wife.

" Mrs Gumede whats wrong?."

" She miscarried in the early hours of the morning."

" My God why didn't you bring her here at that moment...." she looks at the nurse. " Page Dr Ndaba and tell him to come here and bring me two wheelchairs." the nurse nods and leaves. " Mrs gumede please get in there and change so you can get cleaned up and given medicaton but I'm sure Ndaba willl start with the ultra sound to see if you really had a miscarriage."

" do you want me to help you?."

" I'll be fine."  I kiss her and she goes to the bathroom.

" How much do I owe the hospital?."

" Your wife settled everything when she got here. Even more than she should have. I will talk to the hospital's H.R and ask them to return the sum that was not used."

" no keep it. Use it on people are going to need help only."

" Thank you sir. I was worried about your wife. I could see that something was wrong with her but I just thought it was stress and fear of losing her husband."

" its fine." Another woman comes in and I think she’s the doctor. My wife comes out of the bathroom too.

" Mr and Mrs Gumede this is Dr Ndaba one of our gynaecologist and she's the best. Doctor mrs gumede thinks she had a miscarriage during midnight."

" nice to meet you. Mrs gumede please lay on the bed. The nurses are bringing the scan so we can see what actually happened. Do you want  your husband here?."

" I'm not going anywhere." I get up and hold her hand.

" Nurse let me know when they are done and take mr gumede to the ex-ray room." she leaves then two nurses come in with a machine and leave after. The other nurse checks her blood pressure and other things.

" Mrs gumede were you on birth control before you fell pregnant?."

" I was doctor and I.....I didnt know I was pregnant."

" what kind of birth control were you using?."

" I had the implant on my arm." she looks at me.

" how long have you had it?." she keeps writing down.

"  six months after I had my boys it's almost three years now."

" yeah i guess it was reaching it's expirering date and most women do fall pregant on their last year when the implant has to be removed and for some they fall pregnan as soon as they have it and others even if they have it and in your case on the last year."