The Great Passing |47|

3 days later//Sunday
11:34am// Kimani POV

I just dropped off Gio and Simoan off at the day car center only because sage and I were very busy today.

Three days passed and Jacy was still in jail unfortunately and I was still speaking with the lawyer to try to get him out and it's going good so far.

Anyone still hasn't reached out for Simoan so tomorrow sage was going to take him to human services to see if she can be his adoptive mother. If the parents do come out the blue then I'm sure sage would be able to still be the parent simply because what type of parent leaves their newborn baby out in the open.

I was out right now and In the drive thru of Popeyes to get some food. After this I was going to the grocery store and pick up some stuff for the house.

My phone started to ring and it was the lawyer calling me, I answered it with quickness hoping for some good news.

"Ms. Goode we have some unfortunate news to tell you." She said sounding discouraged.

"Lordy just tell it to me straight." I said.

"Well... an anonymous person came to the station a few days ago and gave video evidence of Jacy breaking into the trailer and gun shots going off." She explained.

I widened my eyes. "So what does this mean? He's off the bat guilty?" I asked.

"Yes. Even if the detectives did get into it more and found out he isn't the one that shot, he would still be in prison for association of murder." She said.

I sighed. "How many years is he facing now?" I asked.

"25+ years, if he was just an associate then it would be 15 to life in jail." She answered.

I shook my head. "Is there anything? Like even if he did kill him... is there anything you could do?" I asked.

"Well that tags along with the other bad news that I have to give you.. the state has brought up the death penalty if he did pull the trigger and if he did then the best I can do is knock that off their minds but he'll still be in prison for a good amount of time." She said.

"Isn't that a little extreme? It's not like he went out a killed a massacre of people. He's being accused of killing one person and that video evidence don't even show him actually doing it." I said moving up in the drive thru.

"That's what im trying to say, if he did commit murder the most and only thing I can do is get them to not proceed in the death penalty, cause I do agree with you that would be unnecessary. The detectives are currently looking deeper into evidence like foot prints, finger prints, and that video so I'll probably get back to you within the time frame of two or three weeks? If not earlier or longer." She continued.

"Why longer?" I asked.

"Because when the death penalty is brought up the detectives have to work harder so they don't miss out on anything cause if they go through with the penalty and like some time later someone brings up evidence that's solid of him not doing it the judicial system can get sued for that and they aren't trying to take that risk." She said.

I nodded my head. "Do you have any good news? For me at least?" I asked.

"Actually I do. They're letting him out of the jail simply because they're at capacity and they need more room for the cells so until they have evidence of him doing anything, he's a free man." She said. That made me smile cause I get to at least see him again for a period amount of time.

"So when can I go get him?" I asked.

"Today at 3:30." She answered. I said okay and then we hung up the phone.