Dear Mama |17|

Same Day as last chapter just earlier in the day// 1:13pm// Giovanni Pov

I just got my bags from the departed and I was now looking for my moms car. My mom and I didn't have the best relationship but my dad wanted me to come down just for the holidays to kinda refresh things cause I'm grown now I guess.

Ever since she suddenly moved to Hawaii, I barely spoke to her. She would send me money now and then but not a long conversation.

She texted me before my flight and said that she drove a blue Lexus. When I went outside, I looked around and saw it.

As I got closer to the car she ran out and hugged me. "Giovaniii." She squealed.

"Hey momma." I replied.

She let go and looked at me. "You've really turned into a handsome young man. Come on let's get your bags in the car."

I put both of my suitcases in her trunk and then we got in the car and drove off.

"So how was your flight?" She asked.

"It was cool, the flight attendant kept flirting with me." I chuckled.

"As expected, your really your fathers son. Speaking of Jacy how is he?"

"He's good, he's been busy with work and dealing with some other stuff." I said.

She nodded. "And Kimani?"

I looked at her strange. "Thought you didn't like her." I responded.

"Gio im a grown ass woman in my 30's, I agree the way I used to act towards her was messed up. If I ever get the chance, I'd apologize." She said and I honestly believed her.

"Hm. Well she's good too, she's a starting out therapist now." I said.

"That's nice, your siblings doing good too?"

"Yea, they all went out of town. Except for my sister, she stayed home with her boyfriend or whatever they is." I scoffed.

"Jacy is allowing that?" She asked.

"Not really, it was mostly Kimani idea but I'm cool wit it as long as he don't hurt her."

"That's good that you protect her. But anyways, when we get home I got some people I'd like you to meet." She smiled.

At keisha house

We parked up outside her house and it was a cool lil house she had. I got my bags out and we went in and there was people on the couch.

"Y'all come here!" My mom said and they all came up to us.

"Gio this is my husband Makani, my second oldest son Damarion, my middle daughter Bambi and my youngest son Raine." She said introducing me.

Her husband gave me a handshake and I took it. "We was just starting to cook cause our neighbors are coming by later." She stated.

"Damarion show Giovanni to the guest room." She said.

He nodded and I grabbed my bags and followed him back there.

"Thanks man." I said then put my bags on the bed.

"Where you from?" He asked with a small accent.

"California." I responded.

"Is it good up there?" He asked.

"It's decent, nothing compared to here though. You still in high school?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "I just turned 17 two weeks ago."