In the darkness |3|

Friday//2:00pm
The day before homecoming
Diior POV

My car was finally fixed so I headed for the parking lot and Aubrey came up beside me.

"Ayo can I ask you something real fast?" He said

I nodded my head.

"Ight so I know you got yo car back and shit and ion normally ask for favors but can you drop me off somewhere real fast?" He asked.

"Uh, I got plans. How long is it gone take?" I asked.

"Not long, I needa pick up some shit." He said.

I nodded. He followed me to my car and was about to get in the front but I stopped him.

"Oh um my bestfriend supposed to be coming, would you mind sitting in the back?" I asked.

He moved to the back and got in while I waited for Kay to hurry his ass up.

I texted him and he said he was coming towards the car and I saw him.

When he got in he looked in the back and looked at me. I shook my head basically telling him that it wasn't the time.

"Can I get the address you want me to drop you off at?" I asked him.

"Yea, you can use my phone for a gps." He said handing me his phone.

It wasn't too far from the mall so that was good that I didn't have to drive so far.

I sped off there and dropped him off then Kay and I arrived at the mall to shop for homecoming and get our nails done.

"So bitch I just wanna know, why was the fine ass jail nigga in your car?" He asked.

Oh shit I keep forgetting to tell him that the dude lives with me now.

"I forgot to tell you that he actually lives with me." I said.

"Ummm how did you forget to tell me this."

"I don't know, just with studying and the homecoming, it was a lot of shit on my mind. But apparently he's the son of my moms deceased ex? But there's a gag." I trailed off.

"What."

"His dad used to be hella abusive to my mom. So I don't know how to feel about him." I replied.

"Uhn uhn girl, betta watch yourself. Them type of niggas ain't that far away from they daddy." He said.

"I know but he said he's not like that.. I wanna give him a chance. His vibe don't seem like a 'hey I beat women' type attitude ya know?" I said.

"That's how they always are in the beginning, then they show their true colors." He spoke as we walked to the nail Salon.

"I'll just give it some time I guess." I replied.

"Okay girl.. if he lays his hand on you, I'll have to kill his ass." He laughed.

We kept talking as went to get our nails done. I just got normal long white square nails with some diamonds on it and Kay got a baby pink with a heart on each one.