Pull Up |27|

The next day...
11:15am
Kimani POV

I was at work right now doing a tattoo on this lady's collar bone and that's when the door bell had rang meaning someone walked in and it was this fine ass brown skin dude with neck tattoos and all on his arms.

"Wassup qua man, I haven't seen your ass in a minute" my boss Nate said to him.

"Yea I was out of town for the longest, had to get my mind right" The man "Qua" spoke.

"Well what you want done today?" Nate asked.

"I'm trynna finish my half sleeve" he replied.

"Ight well, my new employee over there Kimani could take you when she's done" he mentioned.

I turned around and smiled at the man and he returned it with a smirk.

"Ight" he said then sat in the waiting area.

I finished the lady's tattoo and I applied ocean foam and then wiped it off and taped the Saran Wrap to it.

I gave her a mirror to look at it and she smiled. "Thank you, I love this" she said.

I smiled and nodded. She got up from the chair and gave me a $40 tip and then went to go pay for the actual tattoo.

I cleaned off my working space and got new needles into the tattoo gun and I turned to the guy and motioned for him to come sit down.

As he came and sat I got all my supplies ready and sat in the Rollie chair and scooted up to him putting on a new pair of gloves.

"So how you want to finish it?" I asked.

"I want a clock with Roman numerals and a teary eyeball and I want the eyeball to have details like eyelashes, a reflection in the pupil and all that" he explained.

I nodded my head and started on his tattoo this was probably going to take up the rest of my shift but it's fine I guess.

2 hours in

As I was coloring in the Roman numberals to make it look bold Qua decided to spark up a conversation.

"So how long you been workin here Kimani" he asked.

"For a month now, so not that long" I replied as I started a new number.

"How long you been doing tattoos?" He went on.

"Not long either, I started practicing the day I applied for this job. I'm good at this cause I used to draw a lot and I have a lot of patience to do these so this was a perfect job to me." I answered.

He nodded his head in understanding. "So how about you Mr. Qua, what you do?" I asked.

He chuckled. "You can just call me Quincy, but I work over seas in the military" he spoke.

"Ohh okay so you move around a lot then?" I asked.

"Yeaa but I just moved to California so ion think I'm moving any time soon now" he continued.

"Okay where did you live before?" I asked.

"Ohio" he replied.

"Damn do you came a long way then huh?" I chuckled.

"Yea" he smiled.

7 hours later - 6:28pm