Risky Procedure |42|

Later that night... ^ Messiah
12:02 am
Jacy POV

I was in the waiting room shaking my leg and stressing out. Gio was in the hospital and I was waiting for the doctor to tell me what the fuck was going on.

When he fell from the window, he wasn't moving at all and wasn't breathing. Blood was gushing out his head and I got so damn scared. Don't no father want to see their 8 year old son like that and I even cried on the way here.

If Gio died I'm really going to put a hole in that bitch for real cause this shit has gone way to damn far. I haven't told anybody about this simply because I want to be alone and I want to know what's going on.

"You the father of Giovanni Hernandez?" The doctor said coming up to me.

I looked up and nodded my head. "Come with me" she said and I got up and followed her back to the room Gio was in.

He had a bandage over his and and hooked up to all kinds of machines and I twisted my lips cause I didn't even wanna look at him like this.

"Well he's in critical condition and he's really facing a life or death situation right now. He has a lot of head trauma in his frontal and parietal lobe and that's where you come in" she explained.

I nodded my head. "What I gotta do?" I asked.

"It's your choice to decide if you want him to have brain surgery but it's very risky and he could possibly die from it if it doesn't go through correctly" he spoke.

I rubbed by face. "Is there another option I can do?" I questioned.

"Yes there's two other options. Either just let him stay here and we keep giving him the right medications until he wakes up, but he will suffer from brain damage and there's a lot of complications with that" she said.

"Like what?" I asked.

"He'll basically be brain dead. He won't be able to speak, write or pick things up and without his scheduled medications then he'll be in pain, he can suffer from strokes and seizures from time to time and it's a lot of TLC" she explained.

"And what's the other option" I continued.

"The last option is probably something you wouldn't want but it's that you gave us permission to put him to rest and it won't be painful or any of that so he'll pass away peacefully" she said.

I huffed and looked at him. "So your basically telling me to choose between death or a life full of suffering for my son" I told her.

She stayed silent for a minute like she didn't know what else to say and then I knew she was basically telling me yes.

"Can you tell me more about the surgery?" I spoke.

"It's a risky procedure like I said but it's worth the risk. It's 50/50 on it passing to failing so I can't give you the exact chances of it turning out bad and especially since he's young but we can try our hardest" she said.

"So how will he be after the procedure if it passes?" I questioned.

"He'll need to take it easy for the next five or six months and then he will be perfectly fine and back to his usual self" she smiled.

I nodded my head and thought to myself for a minute. It's worth the risk right about now, I just hope this turns out okay.

"Yea, I want y'all to do the surgery" I agreed.

"Okay I'll inform the doctor and I'll be back for you to sign off a couple of papers for us to go through with it" she said.

I nodded my head and she left the room. I looked at Gio all wrapped up in bandages and getting some oxygen from the tank.

I went to his bedside and I grabbed onto his cold hand and kissed it. "If you can hear me... just know everything will be okay no matter what happens in the end. Whether it's life or death, ima still love you and your mom will get everything bad handed to her, I promise you that" I said as a tear fell from my eyes.

Kimani POV - 9:35am

I flushed the toilet after throwing up and I went to go brush my teeth.

Yahir had stood by the door stand and watched me. "What?" I said looking at him.

"Why you keep throwing up every morning? You look a little bloated too, you good?" He asked.

"I don't know, I just might be sick" I said spitting out tooth paste.

"You think you might be pregnant?" He asked and it caught me off guard.

"No, I can't be." I replied.

"When's the last time you had sex with anybody?" He asked.

"Not too long ago, but he pulled out so there's no way I could be pregnant. I'm telling you that it's just the flu" I replied washing my mouth out with water.

He shrugged then walked away. He's talking nonsense, Jacy pulled out and I know for a fact that he did.

I left the bathroom and went back on my bed. "What's the plans for today?" I asked him.

"Ion know, I miss celeste so I'm boutta just stay in the hotel and face time her the whole day" he said grabbing his towel.

"Awe my brother misses his girlfriend" I pouted.

"That's my baby. Of course I miss Her, I'm boutta get in the shower" he said and went into the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

I want a boyfriend. I wonder what Jacy is doing right now so let me call him.

I let it ring for 2 times and he declined it. The hell? I called him again and he declined it again and texted me.

Jacy🥰: Ill get back to you later. I'm dealing with shit right now.

Me: Wym? What happened over there?

Jacy🥰: I said ill get back to you later mani, I promise ❤️

I groaned and put my phone down and I wondered what was going on back at home.