New Friend |24|

A Week Later ... ^ Sage
Tuesday, December 23rd
2:25pm
Kimani POV

I was driving back home from Christmas shopping since my aunt noelle and uncle Nicky was having a Christmas party tomorrow. I low key didn't wanna go cause it was mainly my uncle nickys family going and I didn't really to care for them but they were nice I guess.

I was still living in jacys house but he's making me just wanna hurry up and move the fuck out. Remember when he said he would be back the next morning? Yea well HE NEVER DID. That shit seriously pissed me off cause you mean to tell me you can't at least come to your house and tell me that your going to be gone for the rest of the week? That's lame.

Texting and calling him was no use cause he would decline my calls, not answer, leave me on delivered or leave me on seen. I was so confused, was he mad at me or something? Like what did I do?

Anyway, during that week I tattooed my last 4 people and I got the job at the tattoo shop and I start tomorrow. Now that I see what jacys doing, I'm in a much more eager mood to move out and get my own crib. From the 10 tattoos I did I got $987 from them which wasn't bad.

I want to have enough for a small one bedroom apartment and of course I needed money for furniture and all that.

While I was driving off home, my phone started to ring. I picked it up and the number was unknown, I raised my eyebrow and answered it.

"Hello?" I spoke putting it on speaker.

"Hello?... um this is sage... the girl you went up to at Walmart last week. I'm here at the Wilson park and I wanted you to come get me" the girl said on the phone and was clearly out of breath.

My face lit up. "Oh okay, yes I'm on my way now" I said then hung up the phone.

I made a quick u-turn and sped right on off to Wilson's park.

15 minutes later

I slowed down the car and I soon saw her sitting on the park bench with a trash bag beside her. I parked my car up and I got out.

She was staring down on her phone while I had cake up to her. "Sage?" I said and it caught her attention.

She gave me a weak smile and stood up with her bag. "Hi.. uh- how do you pronounce your name?" She asked.

"Kimani" I smiled.

"Oh okay" she said.

"Well come on I'll take you to a nearby hotel" I said.

She nodded her head and followed me to my car and we got in and she looked at the car in amuse.

"This car is so pretty" she smiled.

"Thanks it was a gift. So how old are you?" I asked driving away from the park.

"I'm 19" she answered putting her phone in the bag.

"Wow, your so young. I'm so glad you left that nigga before you hit your 20's" I said shaking my head.

"Yea, he was at work so I just left them and there" she shrugged.

"That's good, so how long were y'all together for?" I asked.

"Since I was 15 so not that long" she replied.

"Well is there anywhere you want me to drop you off? Like your parents or grandparents house?" I asked.

"Um I actually don't really have family.. my parents died when I was only a baby and I got put in the system.." she trailed off.