One Thing After The Next |27|

The same night, minutes later
7pm
Diior POV

"What the fuck was that?" Kay asked as we heard gun shots on the other side of the carnival.

"I don't know.." I trailed off as I seen people running from that direction.

I furred my eyebrows then realized Gio was on that side. "Kay come on, I gotta go see if my brother is okay."

He followed behind as I basically jogged to where I last saw him at.

"Gio! Giovanni!" I called out in the running crowd hoping that he'll pop up in front of me.

I ran to the cotton candy stand and saw somebody laying on the ground. My eyes widened and I walked out some more to see it was Gio who got shot and Lola was crying while holding on to him.

"What happened?" I screamed running to his side.

"I don't k-know! This person in a h-hoodie and mask yelled out to u-u-us and when we turned, they just shot the g-gun." She sobbed.

"Kay! Go find the police! Now!" I said to him.

He nodded then ran off to go find some one to help. In the mean time I called the ambulance.

"Did you see who shot him?" I asked looking to see where he was shot.

"N-no, after they shot, they ran off." She continued.

I saw that he got shot twice in his stomach and on his shoulder really close to his neck. I took off my jacket and applied pressure to his neck wound.

He looked death almost and I began to worry even more. The police came with some medical supplies and I got up and called the ambulance. It took almost way to fucking long for them to get here.

When they did get here they put him up in the stretcher and in the back of the ambulance.

I put my hands on my head pacing back and forth on what to do.

"Kay can you take my car and drop her off at my house, ima take Gio's and be there in a minute." I said to him and gave him the car keys.

He nodded and they left. I stood there and called my mom to let her know what the hell just happened.

"Hey Diior. I wasn't expecting a call, what's going on?" She asked.

"Giovanni just got shot at the carnival. I don't know who did it or why they did it but they just took him in the ambulance." I said getting straight to the point.

"What?! Where did he get shot at?" She exclaimed as the phone started shuffling.

"His stomach and near his neck, he was bleeding a lot momma I don't know if he's gonna make it." I said as I felt my heart racing.

"Don't worry, meet us at the hospital." She said then hung up.

I took gios car keys out my pocket and went out in the parking lot to find it. I pressed the button so it can beep and once I found it, I got in and sped off to the hospital.

At the hospital

I went up the the ER and i saw my mom and dad in the waiting room already.

They gave me a tight hug and I looked around and didn't see unique which is surprising cause she normally would be here.

"Where's unique?" I questioned.

"She's at home, we just rushed here. tell us exactly what happened." My mom said as we sat down.

"Well it was me and kay at the carnival and we saw jacy and lola and spoke to them for a minute but walked off cause they were on a date, it seemed so we wanted to give them their privacy. Few moments after we left, we heard gun shots and then people running from that direction we just came from. I got this gut feeling but also not really thinking nothing happened. So me and kay ran to where we heard it at and we just saw him laying on the ground. Lola don't know who shot him but i'm damn sure ready to find out."  I explained.

My mom and dad looked at each other in worry. I was worried too, I really hope my brother is okay, who ever shot him.. they better watch they mf back.

Aubrey Pov - an hour later

I texted Dior for the 6th time in the matter of 45 minutes. I was concerned as she would've been texted back when i texted the first time. She was never the type to text back slow.

Instead of waiting I decided on calling her, on the very last ring. She answered.

"Hello?" She spoke.

"Dii, where the hell you at? and why you ain't answer nun of my text?" I asked.

"Sorry Bre. My brother got shot at the carnival so i'm at the hospital with my parents and sister." She replied.

"He good? who shot him?" I asked.

"That's what im going to figure out. But yes, he's okay. He's in critical condition cause he had life threatening injuries but the doctor said the bullet by his neck went right through so their doing surgery on him right now. He got shot in his stomach to but the bullets still in there. But i'll be home in like 25 minutes." She explained.

"Ight das fine. i'll see you when you get here." I said and she hung up.

Damn, she had a day today. Hope her brother is alright.

Unique Pov

I stood in the bathroom mirror as I lifted my shirt and saw my stomach. It wasn't that big but it definitely wasn't a flat as it normally was.

I sighed to myself saying, I'm really having a baby right now. I don't regret choosing to keep it, just wish it was a different situation.

I heard the front door open from downstairs and pulled my shirt down. I left my room and went downstairs to my parents looking stressed.

"Hey.. what's going on?" I asked.

Dad threw his self on the couch and hugged rubbing his forehead.

"Giovanni got shot earlier." My mom spoke and my heart dropped.

"Huh?! is he okay?" I asked.

"Doctors said he was in critical condition cause of life threatening injuries but they put him in surgery right in time so he should be fine after a while." She said.

"Who shot him? and where?" i wondered.

"Nique! stop asking questions. Your mother said he's fine so just go back to your room, you don't need to be worrying about this shit right now especially when.. you know.." My dad spoke out.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I understand that my dad is still upset that i'm pregnant but he doesn't need to bring it up in such a petty manner.

Without a response, I just kept myself calm and went upstairs. Not really wanting to entertain the topic anymore.

=============

hey guys. merry xmas!😂 thought i'd post a quick something

5 more chapters left btw so these last few will be longer like 30-40 pages with each. including time stamps and skipped period of days