His Funeral |38|

3 days later..
March 15th
Las Vegas Hospital, 8:23am
Kimani POV

I felt my phone buzz from under me as I eased up my sore body. I looked at the text and it was cordell and that totally reminded me of the funeral.

Cordell: So whats the verdict? You comin and missing out on what I gotta tell you!

I let out a sigh. I'm not even in a good enough condition, I just woke out of a coma three days ago and I can barely stand.

But I told myself that, the day I see shia in a casket, is a day I couldn't wait for, nor miss.

Me: I'm coming. What time does it start?

Cordell: 5

Me: 👍🏽

I turned my phone off and sat myself up. Jacy wasn't in the room with me right now so he probably went to go get breakfast, but I was ready to go back home.

I pulled out the IV needle out my arm and slowly stood up and the door had opened.

"Kimani, what the hell you doin?" Jacy asked closing the door behind him.

"I need to go back home" I said looking at him.

"Uh Yea, when you recover. Get back in the bed" he said setting down the bag of food.

"I am recovered jacy, I been here for a week and three days. My fingers are the only things that are broken but I can always deal with that later"

"Nahh, mani go back in the bed. Why you being so eager for?" He asked.

"I have somewhere to go to in California. Get the nurse and tell her that I'm ready to go" I repeated.

He stood there and watched me then went to go get the nurse. I unzipped the bag of clothes that Jacy brought for me.

The door opened and the nurse came in with Jacy following behind.

"You needed something ma'am?" She asked.

"Uh Yea, I want to sign out early. I have things to do and places to go" I replied.

"Well, Ms. Goode. Your not fully recovered and we still have some tests to run-

"I feel fine. I don't care about those tests, my body isn't too sore and I can walk as you can see" I said cutting her sentence short.

"I would have to talk to the doctor about this" she trailed off.

"Good. Please get him so I can get out of here" I said taking out some clothes.

I heard her leave and Jacy stood right up beside me. "What?" I said looking up at him.

"Where you gotta go to?" He asked.

"Shias funeral" I replied.

He scrunched his face up. "Why you gotta leave the hospital, just for that?" He questioned.

"His cousin texted me and said he got something to tell me so I'll just go" I said shaking my head.

"Let me go with you" he said.

"No. Don't worry about anything, His cousin ain't nothing like him." I admitted.

"Mani please. Just let me go with you just in case something bad happens. Ian taking no for an answer" he reassured.

I let out a huff. "Fine you can come, just don't do the most. I'm boutta go change" I told him and walked into the bathroom and threw on some sweats and hoodie and when I get home, I'll shower and get dressed.