Chapter 85

"There's the love birds!" Tony cheered as Abby and McGee walked off the elevator.

They both blushed. McGee gave Abby a light kiss on the cheek and she headed down to her lab. McGee headed to his desk and sat his back pack down.

"Home sweet home." He smiled.

"So, how was it? What did you do?" Tony asked.

"I'm not going into detail about my honeymoon Tony. Let's just say it was very nice." He avoided all eye contact with Tony.

Tony smirked.

"I know what that means."

I slammed the phone on the hook and glared over at Tony.

"Uh oh." He frowned.

"Your son got into a fight at preschool today. That was his teacher. She wants both of us at the school to pick Aiden up ASAP."

"Why is he all of a sudden my son?"

"Get in the car Tony." I glared.

I looked over at Gibbs to apologize, but before I could say anything he just nodded.

When we walked into Aiden's preschool, I saw him sitting in the office with an ice bag in his head. I glared at him but said nothing. He stared at the ground. I heard footsteps from the office. I turned to see Aiden's teacher, Mrs. Johnson.

"Good afternoon Mrs. And Mr. Dinozzo. It's nice to see you two again, although I wish it were for other reasons." She shook both of our hands.  

"Aiden and another boy got into a fist fight today on the playground. I'm not sure why though, neither one of the kids will talk about it. I'm very sorry to call you in the middle of the day because I know you both work, but it's school protocol. If your child gets in a fight, you have to come pick them up. I'm sorry, but it's also a rule that Aiden can not come back for a couple weeks."

"I'm so sorry he did this Mrs. Johnson. We will get to the bottom of it. I promise." Tony apologized.

I looked over at Aiden.

"Car. Now." I demanded.

He slowly walked outside. As Tony and I attempted to follow, we were stopped by the calling of our names. We both turned back to Mrs. Johnson.

"Aiden is such a smart and sweet boy. I think there is more to this situation than meets the eye. Don't be too rough on him. Figure out what's going on, because I believe his intentions are good. He is a good kid."