Chapter 146

Tony's POV

"Dad?" I lightly heard a voice say followed by a tap on the shoulder. I stretched and sat up. I rubbed my eyes because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"Aiden?" I asked, standing up.

He smiled and pulled me into a long over due hug.

"Aiden." I whispered, still hugging him.

He pulled away and looked at me.

"How are you?" He asked.

A week had passed since the wreck.

"I'm hanging on to hope. She's stable. That's all that matters." I answered, wiping my eyes.

Next walked in Easton.

"Figured I'd give you guys a moment." He smirked, pulling me into a hug.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Aiden, still shocked.

"Well gibbs says he had nothing to do with it, but I highly doubt that. Got a call that I was accepted for leave, even though I didn't request it. On the way to the airport Gibbs called me and filled me in on what was happening." He answered.

"How is she?" Easton asked as we all looked at her.

"She's ok. Just playing the waiting game still. How's Emerson doing?" I asked. I missed that kiddo so much.

"She's confused. She wants to know where her mom and dad are. I keep explaining to her that mommy doesn't feel well and daddy has to take care of her. She is just too young to understand completely. She misses you guys." He said looking at the ground. He knew it's not what I wanted to hear, but needed to hear it.

I sat and thought about everything for a couple minutes.

"Come on dad. We want to see our new baby brother." Easton smirked.

I followed them out into the lobby of the hospital and shut the door behind me.

"Daddy!" I hear a squeaky little voice yell.

I turn around to see Emerson in Liz's arms. She sat her down where she then ran towards me. I picked her up and hugged her tight.

"I missed you kiddo!" I smiled and brushed her hair out of her face.

"Is mommy still sick?" She asked.

"She is. You can see her soon ok?" I said.

She nodded.

"We were just about to go see your baby brother. You want to go?" I asked.

"Yea!" She smiled.

The 4 of us walked back to the NICU. I held Emmy up so she could see him.

"Why does he have wires?" She asked.

"Because he needs help breathing and eating since he's so small." I answered.

No matter how many times I came back here to see him, my eyes always teared up.

Emerson wiped my eyes.

"Don't cry daddy. He will be ok. I know it." She said smiling.

I smiled and nodded.

"Everything will be ok." Easton said, pulling the 4 of us into a group hug.