Chapter 17

We lead the wife into interrogation and waited in the viewing room. McGee soon joined us.

"Interrogation is my favorite. The big Leroy Jethro Gibbs making grown adults cry like little girls." Tony smirked.

"Do you know what interrogation is?" Asked McGee.

"Of course McGee. You think Gibbs will let me do it?"

"Not a chance. I didn't get to until my 2nd year."

"But I was In-"

Gibbs swung the door open before I could finish. He pointed to me.

"Me?"

He nodded.  

"Interrogation." He handed me a file.  

"You're on."

I looked back at McGee and Tony on the way out the door. The looked shocked. I swung the door open and sat in front of the wife.

"Why'd you do it?"

"I didn't do anything."

"Then what exactly were you trying so hard to get out of your carpet?"

"Wine."

I didn't reply. I gave her time to think. I laid a picture of her husband before and after death. She looked away. I could see guilt in her eyes.

"You want to answer that again?"

"Fine, I was cleaning blood. His blood. But I didn't do it! Seeing it there kills me."

"Hm. I find that funny, considering we found your husbands body in a lake. Not at your house."

I could tell she had forgotten. I could see her connecting the dots, excepting defeat. I gathered the pictures in the file and slammed the door behind me, leaving her alone. Gibbs was waiting outside the door.

"Nice job newbie." He walked into the room to take her away.

I met up with tony and McGee on the way to the squad room.

"Look at you!" McGee smirked.

"How did you do that so well when you have never seen one in person?" Tony questioned.

"Like I was saying before Gibbs came in, interviewing and interrogation was a club at my high school. Brought home 8 1st place trophies in my four years." I answered in confidence.