Chapter 114

I opened the door and walked into his room. He turned over and looked at me.

"What are you doing here? You have to go." He said.

I shook my head. A doctor stormed in behind me, angry.

"What do you think you are doing? You have to leave now!" He yelled. He startled me.

"Easy doc. I'm taking care of it." Tony whispered.

"I'm not leaving. And neither of you can make me."

"We don't need another patient!" The doctor yelled.

"Then don't take care of me! But I'm staying!"

"Whatever." He said as he slammed the door.

"Please. Leave." Tony said.

I kneeled next to him and rubbed my hand through his hair.

"I'm not going anywhere Tony. Don't argue with me." I said.

He sighed. I sat at Tony's bedside for days, watching him get worse and worse. It destroyed me. I can't believe my husband was dying in front of my eyes, and there was nothing I could do. I can't believe the last real conversation I am ever going to remember between us was a yelling argument in the office.

I sat in the chair closest to the window. I could feel someone watching me. Three doctors sat outside the door staring at me and talking. I stuck my head out of the room.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked.

"Actually, there is. Is there any unusual medicines you take?" One asked.

"Well I had to take a drug for a month a while ago to try and help with the fact that I couldn't have kids. It was kind of a trial drug. Why?" I asked.

"Can we have your doctors information?"

"Um, sure?" I wrote down her info and handed it to the doctors.